Limelight Forums

Full Version: UV Lights don't get refunded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Server [Rockford/Build/Event]: Rockford v2b

Map (if not default): v2b

Description: My game suddenly closed with no crash message, i didn't do anything to trigger this (AFAIK) and when i came back on, everything stayed spawned (Weed and Contraband) Except for the UV Lights, i didn't recieve a refund for them either. 

Bug observed since: Just now.

Images/Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/bWBLU
Thank you for your bug-report, Klinex!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
You can put [img] image [./img] (without the dot) to let the image appear on here.
(Oct 24, 2017, 10:08 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]You can put [img] image [./img] (without the dot) to let the image appear on here.

Yeah i know, Thanks Smile.
Don't believe it's supposed to refund on client crash, just server crash. Faustie mentioned it being crash-proof in the event of a server crash but that it isn't supposed to refund when a user times out.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...#pid197220

That being said, I don't know if Tails timed out or crashed. Either way should only refund on server crash. Could be wrong though.

Would also be neat if they didn't seem to instantly disappear upon disconnect.
Refund requests currently are only refunded Server-side, so that would only include Server Crashes or Server Restarts.

Faustie has stated that he is working on a way to allow for clientside for example, your timeout situation.
i think the easier option would be to keep them spawned for ~10 mins after a player disconnects, like car for example.
Currently working on improving client crash recovery.

Keeping them spawned is an option, but it doesn't help if the player crashes and can't return for 10 mins or so. It's also beneficial for server and people's fps to just remove dynamic lights/entities when not in use. Very minor impact, but it all adds up.
This should be fixed now. We'll see how it works on server, but it worked fine in staging.