Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR Requirement (Involvement)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:
Requirement to posting a PR - (Involvement)

Reason:
I've been seeing people post PR's for things as simple as an OOC insult directed at other individuals, OOC foul language and in general many times where the person posting just isn't involved at all.

If someone's insulted by an OOC-message, they themselves will post the PR. Too many times have I seen people use this as an opportunity to post a PR on someone they do not like or just for the sake of thinking they're doing the server a favor being someone that posts a PR on someone for any and every little rule breakage they make.
If I am completely honest. I +Support this.

I have noticed this in the last 4 months of the most PRs made are OOC Insults - especially ones that have nothing to do with the posting player. It does confuse me so much that players are out to get players banned. We all get frustrated but many trigger it in-game. I believe we can be mature about this and flick the insult away and not ignite the flame. We play this game for fun, not to find every player we can remove from the community, especially with the current player base we have received in the recent months.

The users of a community are a large aspect of what makes any community. If we are not mature or make the place hostile, there will be players leaving the community and eventually we will get to the point where we wouldn't be able to operate functionally and could even lead to the community dying which is something I believe many people do not wish to see especially the staff.
+Support

Its honestly pathetic to PR somebody for the simplest of things, just causes problems between individuals and stirs drama.
Seeing PRs with the title "OOC Behavior" makes me glad to be banned.
Wait, are we NOT supposed to sit in a room all day with our eyes glued to the OOC chat looking for people getting upset so we can make them even more mad? Why even play the game then?

Honestly though the rule just needs to be removed. Bans/blacklists should still be handed out if a user is constantly harassing another player or for using derogatory terms as an insult but calling someone an idiot shouldn't warrant you a blacklist or ban. If a player has said or done something OOC that does honestly upset another (things like purposefully making suicide jokes to a player whose dad killed himself for example) then they should be able to speak with staff about it but if people are actually going to be "offended" by someone calling them an idiot or a little kid then they shouldn't be on the internet anyways.

+Support though.
+support

If the insulted person isnt making the report, they probably don't give a fuck. I wouldn't care if someone called me a piece of shit ooc. doesn't mean you have to be a SJW and report them.
+support
People just post PR's for banta with other players, if I said 'Idiot' in OOC i'd probably be reported by certain players
+support.
+Support

Too many white knights.
+Support
This is . If you cant take insults, better not use internet at all
(Oct 18, 2017, 02:28 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

Its honestly pathetic to PR somebody for the simplest of things, just causes problems between individuals and stirs drama.
Seeing PRs with the title "OOC Behavior" makes me glad to be banned.
+support for suggestion

+support for removing the rule about insulting in general, if someone has a problem they should be mature enough to be able to handle it on their own without an admin hand-holding them through it
(Oct 22, 2017, 02:39 AM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]+support for suggestion

+support for removing the rule about insulting in general, if someone has a problem they should be mature enough to be able to handle it on their own without an admin hand-holding them through it

Yeah. If u cant handle an internet insult, you need to leave. Obviously if someone is being discriminatory, that's not allowed, but saying fuck you or something, come on
+support
Due to a high level of community support, this suggestion has been moved to the Popular section.
Pages: 1 2