Limelight Forums

Full Version: Differentiate /request and /911
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for In-Game

What: Make /request and /911 different. Right now /911 and /request behave exactly the same way. I propose that /request stays the same, but /911 gets changed to make it more urgent.
For example, both /request and /911 show up to the Government as
(Request) John Doe (69): This is an example. ( (Request) should be white, is black for visibility)
This is fine and good for the /request, but I feel /911 should be changed to
(911) John Doe (69): This is an example.

Why: These changes would give people a little bit of flexibility when contacting the government, allowing them to use /request for more harmless things, such as requesting meetings, or asking for illegally parked cars to be impounded, and brings more attention to the urgent calls made with /911, as they would stand out better.
+Support
So relating it to the UK services calling 101 and 999 for non-emergency and emergency. I like the idea.

Vadar.
(Oct 7, 2017, 07:34 AM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]+Support
So relating it to the UK services calling 101 and 999 for non-emergency and emergency. I like the idea.

Vader.

Can't even spell your own name smh.

OT: +Support
(Oct 7, 2017, 09:42 AM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 7, 2017, 07:34 AM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

Vader.

Can't even spell your own name smh.

OT: +Support

Fucking Shitsung...
+Suppoirt
Pft. They barely even respond to /request as it is. Still +Support though.
+Support
+support
would be resonable. Whilst theres no urgent need atm (as we can handle the calls timely/theres no real overflow) it would make sense that a concerned neighbour or a disorientated out of towner would rather call the departments number for advise rather then 911) Exspecially with licensing and meetings it would make sense. I myself encountered a situation where i had to call the police but it would have been inaprropriate to dial 911 rather then just call up the office.
Probably in adition to color thedifferent requests/911 calls we could aslo add a section to the /policedb that litss the last 25 /911 calls as a sort of dispatch log (whilst ignoring the /requests)
Due to a high level of community support, this suggestion has been moved to the Popular section.
Pushing for Staff Review.
Approved.
Completed.