Limelight Forums

Full Version: Whats the line between government rp and corrupt government rp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,
Today I was pulled over by a swat van arrested for 15 minutes for driving a trabant

What is the difference between this being corrupt swat/dictator rp (No perms for the dictator rp I think) and being a normal cop? Because in this instance this does not feel realistic what so ever. I don't think anyone has been arrested for 15 years for driving an "Illegal" car. Should it even be allowed to make a car that you can buy on the market, that new players may buy - to be illegal? It doesn't seem friendly to new players, it's not nice for old players and it generally is only nice for the people who have the power over you. He literally picked a number of the length I'd be arrested for; like it didn't matter. In my opinion this is wrong; but I want to hear yours so please do say below....
Can we get the cut middle part? As from the video it just seems they pulled you over, harassed you, and arrested you for driving trabants. Something I'm pretty sure is FailRP at that point.
(Oct 6, 2017, 11:08 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Can we get the cut middle part? As from the video it just seems they pulled you over, harassed you, and arrested you for driving trabants. Something I'm pretty sure is FailRP at that point.

Of course! (Blurred bits are me in steam/tabbed out)
There is no difference, all cops are inherently corrupt. Something they put in the badge I think.

ForceGhost

It was the reckless driving prior to the pull over and ramming the SWAT van that lead to the arrest of the two drivers. The passenger was released.
(Oct 6, 2017, 11:55 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]It was the reckless driving prior to the pull over and ramming the SWAT van that lead to the arrest of the two drivers. The passenger was released.

Ramming the SWAT was Scoobz, not me and vimpto

ForceGhost

[Image: DHTlyxZ.png]

The issue lies with the President (Leon) who made the laws, it's not up to us to check if he's got dictator RP permission. If you wasn't sure he had dictator RP permission then you could have made an .
(Oct 6, 2017, 11:59 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ][Image: DHTlyxZ.png]

The issue lies with the President (Leon) who made the laws, it's not up to us to check if he's got dictator RP.

Perhaps if you took the time, ForceGhost. To read what I had to say and not just watch the video then you'd understand that I was complaining about that aswell.

I just checked the video and I wasn't "Wreckless driving" apart from an odd stop in the middle of the road when I was typing something in OOC

ForceGhost

(Oct 7, 2017, 12:01 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]

The issue lies with the President (Leon) who made the laws, it's not up to us to check if he's got dictator RP.

Perhaps if you took the time, ForceGhost. To read what I had to say and not just watch the video then you'd understand that I was complaining about that aswell.

I just checked the video and I wasn't "Wreckless driving" apart from an odd stop in the middle of the road when I was typing something in OOC

It was prior to the recording starting when you rammed us the first time. I agree with you that the law is FailRP if Leon didn't have dictator permission, I also agree that the President shouldn't decide jail time by asking people for a random number but these are all issues that lie with the President and not with the SWAT team.
Personally,

Whenever I do a corrupt police officer RP (which I don't do anymore cause I don't play with or anymore) we always made it so the player we're abusing our powers towards was laughing with us about how funny and ridiculous the situation is.

I know you're probably saying that its easy for us admins to do that cause they see us as admins and they'd laugh with us and kiss ass etc, but no most of the time when we do that we do it as undercover admins and we mess around with low hour players who don't even know how the admin system works and they have fun to..

Its not about how much of an asshole you can be to a person, it should be about having fun and not just being an ass and abusing your powers, when we did it we used to say or do funny stuff to make the person we're messing with laugh and enjoy that moment and make him remember it in the future so if he ever decides to do the same he'll do it our way and not the asshole way.

I do miss the old days with why'd you leave ;(
(Oct 7, 2017, 12:03 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 7, 2017, 12:01 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]

It was prior to the recording starting when you rammed us the first time. I agree with you that the law is FailRP if Leon didn't have dictator permission, I also agree that the President shouldn't decide jail time by asking people for a random number but these are all issues that lie with the President and not with the SWAT team.

No no no, don't worry ForceGhost I have this magical thing called shadow play; it records everything, don't worry about that it's already uploading and it shows exactly what we did
(Oct 7, 2017, 12:04 AM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]Personally,

Whenever I do a corrupt police officer RP (which I don't do anymore cause I don't play with or anymore) we always made it so the player we're abusing our powers towards was laughing with us about how funny and ridiculous the situation is.

I know you're probably saying that its easy for us admins to do that cause they see us as admins and they'd laugh with us and kiss ass etc, but no most of the time when we do that we do it as undercover admins and we mess around with low hour players who don't even know how the admin system works and they have fun to..

Its not about how much of an asshole you can be to a person, it should be about having fun and not just being an ass and abusing your powers, when we did it we used to say or do funny stuff to make the person we're messing with laugh  and enjoy that moment and make him remember it in the future so if he ever decides to do the same he'll do it our way and not the asshole way.

I do miss the old days with why'd you leave ;(

Yeah but I enjoy it when the Admins do it; even undercover because they always seem to do it correctly. This, in my opinion was not correct and I don't even think they were trying to do corrupt rp

ForceGhost

(Oct 7, 2017, 12:05 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but I enjoy it when the Admins do it; even undercover because they always seem to do it correctly. This, in my opinion was not correct and I don't even think they were trying to do corrupt rp

You'd be correct! We were arresting you for reckless driving and driving an illegal vehicle. Both which are crimes you committed, no corruption here.
(Oct 7, 2017, 12:07 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 7, 2017, 12:05 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but I enjoy it when the Admins do it; even undercover because they always seem to do it correctly. This, in my opinion was not correct and I don't even think they were trying to do corrupt rp

You'd be correct! We were arresting you for reckless driving and driving an illegal vehicle. Both which are crimes you committed, no corruption here.

I really wouldn't hold me to the point of me "Wrecklessly driving"

Alright bois,

If anyone think this is a violation of the rules or FailRP make it into a player report.

If not, keep on topic of the page's discussion and let's not make it into an arguement.
Pages: 1 2 3 4