Limelight Forums

Full Version: Want to make an impact?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So here's the deal squad, recently we've been looking at what Limelight is - and the potential for growth. We've identified areas that need growth, but creating specific plans on how to revamp these areas takes shit-tons of brain power. We need your help.

So now is the time for all you thinkers! You got an idea? You want to make an impact on the future of LL? This is the time for you to do so. You can work either individually or with a team on these ideas. While suggestions are good, these systems are usually a lot more in depth, and take a lot more thinking than you would imagine at first. It would be ideal if you guys would draft up a document, or a detailed plan on how these things would work. I'll post the categories I think need work below and then give a few examples. This is not a limited list, feel free to brainstorm any part of the Limelight you think needs work.

- Bank
- Economy
- Inventory System
- Crafting System
- Cooking System
- Jail System
- Gambling System
- Property System
- Character System
- Drugs System

This is my personal list of things I want to see revamped or added.

Let's take property system for example:
- Properties at different prices ranges (Slums apartment, average apartment, luxury apartment, house)
- Teleport to your property through specific buildings around the map
- Customization wallpaper, buy furniture, music players, TV's
- Buffer zone needed for police to spawn to be able to teleport in, rules around TP's and killing

^ That's a tiny list, but you sort of get the idea. I would just describe my idea, elaborate on all possible issues/considerations.

Another example - Banking System:
- Money stored in central bank
- ATM's around map
- NPC based banking
- If you die with money on you, it drops like in GTA.
- Investing portfolios
- Potential bank heists
- ATM robbery? Where does the money come from? Do people lose money if it's robbed?

^ That's another example, once again SUPER brief. Each of those bullet points would need to be worked through in order to give enough specifications for an actual idea. 

So, if you want to contribute to the direction of Limelight, yes it'll probably be a lot of brainstorming and consideration - but we will seriously look at anything you guys throw at us. It's basically an opportunity for you guys to present us with large scale ideas or revamps of our systems. 

I think Limelight needs a pretty significant change, we need to start planning out the direction of our GM.

Help us out!

Let your vision become a reality.
I feel like people shouldn't be teleported to the jails with 1 hit of a baton.
It should go something like this:
-Handcuff the person
-Put him in your car (if you need to transport him that is)
-Take him to the jails
-Talk to an npc
-Choose who you want to arrest
-Choose how many years you want to put him/her in for
-Gets teleported to the CELLS

And then I have another idea for the inventory

-Being able to store items in storage boxes or talk to an npc to store your items
-You can be mugged for everything on you since you can store your guns/stuff in your storage and no one would be able to access them there
-Access your inventory with Q and right click on the items you want to drop
-Weapons that are on you should ALWAYS be equipped
-Stuff like lockpicks should be equippable once you have it in your inventory
-Every item you have equipped will drop when you die (including money)
-
Suggestion Forum Area has some good ideas about most of these, if not all. And a good bit of them go into detail and even the posts in them give greater details. Only thing I can find complicated about some of these is balancing and coding, something y'all would need to work out.
Also ATM robberies should not be a thing but you should be able to rob the bank that is not purchasable but has an NPC inside of it that you can speak to about buying a property or rob (if you have a gun out and pointed at the npc)
Banking/Inventory:
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...ht=Banking
Crafting:
Already a WIP I assume?
Jail System:
There are like....3-5 diferent suggestions for this.
Property:
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...y#pid84840
Character System:
Literally too many suggestions to list.
Drugs System:
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...ight=Drugs

Ones with link are in Staff Review Smile
Yeet, Nevy has some really dope ideas we've looked into. Talked to him a few times about them. This is mainly for additional input on specific systems people want to see reworks on, less about suggesting and more about presenting big ideas in regards to specific parts of the GM.
Those are pretty big, game mode changing suggestions. Just gotta scroll through Staff Review in Suggestions.
add a majority of different jobs and add a supply + demand system for every job, fun
Start making a general change towards more serious RP.

Fix things that would be important to seriousRP (policedb, i cant think of more, policedb) and then start making the change to seriousRP (rules change to allow more things to be dealt with IC, systems getting a boost of realism (bleeding from injuries, cars going 40 MPH into a wall and getting 20 damage, then being OK, etc.).

ForceGhost

(Oct 6, 2017, 02:30 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Those are pretty big, game mode changing suggestions. Just gotta scroll through Staff Review in Suggestions.

Yeah, people put a lot of time gathering support and writing out suggestions to make it easier for the dev team to implement it and then a topic like this gets made?
(Oct 6, 2017, 10:11 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 6, 2017, 02:30 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Those are pretty big, game mode changing suggestions. Just gotta scroll through Staff Review in Suggestions.

Yeah, people put a lot of time gather support and writing out suggestions to make it easier for the dev team to implement it and then a topic like this gets made?

I know right? I thought that was the reason of the suggestion area.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
(Oct 6, 2017, 10:38 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

You should format that to be able to read it easier
(Oct 6, 2017, 10:38 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Resize the cells you absolute fucking madman
(Oct 6, 2017, 10:11 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, people put a lot of time gathering support and writing out suggestions to make it easier for the dev team to implement it and then a topic like this gets made?

This ^
Pages: 1 2