Limelight Forums

Full Version: Add Forum Gaming Area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What dis b for? This be for the forum

Explain this shit: Ok, so...this is groundbreaking....like....SUPER CREATIVE.....You ready for it? Are you sitting down?
.........................Add a forum area where community members can post games they have and find other members that share the same interests to play with each other and even offer to make offices for people making clans n' shit! I know right, this is extremely innovative and I didn't steal it from a post Barkles made in a lounge none of us can see because it was collecting dust. So, yea.

An Example:

"Hi guys, I have COD and I'm making a clan. Who else wants to join?"

*Player gets 3 players from our community to join his clan by posting under the thread*

Few days pass and they now have 7-8 members

They get to request a special office for their clan in COD. They now use our forum services to keep the clan up.

It literally just brings the community together in something that isn't a lousy Tekkit Server, a half-finished Space Engineers Server, or a old and dying gamemode (Well Gmod in general).

So, instead of trying to find different ways to keep players on by making different servers, why don't we give the community something they can build with and bond with other members, and maybe if we see a bunch of players with interest in one game, we can then host our own server from that popularity? Not to mention it will bring in players that just want a place to do shit and play games with like-minded individuals.

Again, toooooootally didn't steal this from something  thought of and then got ignored Wink
+support

only because it wasn't stolen
+Support
The idea of this is really also for limelights research and sustainability 

If we keep our players within the community it encourages more players to stay active within the community even if it is on other games 

This means when one day Gmod does die we'll hopefully still be able to continue 

It also means that we can work out what our users really like playing and we can make events for those games or even if there's a very long term interest look at even hosting them
(Sep 28, 2017, 10:52 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of this is really also for limelights research and sustainability 

If we keep our players within the community it encourages more players to stay active within the community even if it is on other games 

It also means that we can work out what our users really like playing and we can make events for those games or even if there's a very long term interest look at even hosting them

Exactly, I feel it's important the community supports other games as well as the players who would like to use our forums to communicate.

+support.
Pushing for Staff Review (it's already in the admin lounge so yeah)
(Sep 28, 2017, 10:52 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of this is really also for limelights research and sustainability 

Exactly what I was thinking when I thought ofthis!
Plooos supoort
*cough*
Secret message in that post I removed ^
+support
+support

At least for my personal myBB sites, adding another forum is not hard at all. It's usually just a matter of entering the ACP and navigating to the forum management section.
Admun plz add
+Sup

I swear this used to be a thing lol
Added in Revision 5053.