Limelight Forums

Full Version: The Dead City - Episode 2 (A player-driven RP event)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: Q8JesSr.png]
Friday 29th of September
[Image: F4yjcGo.png]
The Dead City Event is a player driven RP event, this means it is almost fully up to the players to decide and steer the stories of the characters they choose to role-play as where they want it to go. Think of it as an open world and endless zombie story game. You choose what you do and you choose who to befriend and who to antagonize, the story of your character is fully decided by you.

[Image: xMViPVQ.png]
All of the current limelight gaming rules apply within the event with the expection of the following rules.

- You are allowed to kill people randomly, without RP reason for loot ONLY if your RP character is a hostile type character, by that I mean, Bandit (Limited to 5 spots) etc. 

- You're not allowed to randomly kill other players without proper RP reason, you're only allowed to find easier and smaller reasons to kill people but this doesn't mean RDM. If someone tries to kill you, you may kill them. 

- FearRP does not apply if there are zombies around you (Within Striking Distance) i.e; If someone points a gun at you and tells you to stand still but there are zombies coming to you and around you, you are not obligated to follow FearRP as your life is already in danger from the zombies. In other cases FearRP is something you have to follow.

- Your character only fully dies IC'ly if you are killed two times. This means if you die, you respawn at a near by location after a few mins as if you fled the scene and avoided death. However, if someone takes you as a hostage of some sort and takes you back to his/her base and kill you there your character will fully die with no chance of respawn, and will automatically be put as a "survivor" which is a citizen. 

- You are allowed to run over players, but not use it as a method of attacking bases, only if they're on the streets. You have to avoid running over zombies and do not just go around driving over zombies, this will make it incredibly more frustrating for admins to keep adding more and more zombies. 

- As a hostile character you're allowed to kill or attack your teammates if you are outside your base. If you're inside your group base then you are not allowed. 

- You are allowed to plan heists to steal items from other groups, such as vehicles and weapons.

- You can change the idea of the role you pick, as the president you are not forced to be the nice guy, you are allowed to be corrupt or anything else

[Image: gyKbHp4.png]
Before applying, there's a few things you need to take into account, there will be a few spots that are pre-set for certian important roles such as the president etc. Last event we did a governmental focus with the New Horizon Forcers this time I'm going to try to make it more open. There will be no government jobs other than president, so do not spawn as a police officer or paramedic or anything government wise. 

The roles that will take place this episode are the ones listed below, there will be more roles added as players apply for groups etc. 

- Not applying will put you as a "Survivor" which is a citizen job, once you join the server as a Survivor you can do whatever you want as that, and even try to join other groups if they allow you to.

- Custom RP?(SOLO) Well if you want to apply to role-play as a custom character of your imagination then fill in the application forum here.
Quote:NAME
STEAMID
IC:NAME
IC:JOB/ROLEPLAY (WRITE IN DETAIL)
ARE YOU PICKING ONE OF THE CURRENT ROLES OR A CUSTOM ONE?
WHAT ROLE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE?
WHAT ARE YOU HOPING TO DO WITH THIS ROLE?
DOES THIS ROLE HAVE A BASE? IF SO WHERE?
DOES THIS ROLE REQUIRE A CUSTOM PLAYER-MODEL (ONLY THE ONES THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN-GAME)
ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS?

--- Please note you are required to build a dupe and have it ready for the event for your base/RP. Do not build at the day of the event. ---

- Custom RP? (GROUP) If you wish to create a custom group for the RP event then fill out this very important forum here.

Quote:NAME
STEAMID
IC:NAME
IC:GROUP NAME
iC: GROUP DESCRIPTION
IC:GROUP ROLE-PLAY (EXPLAIN YOUR RP)
IC:GROUP TYPE(HOSTILE? PASSIVE? OTHER? EXPLAIN)
WHAT KIND OF GROUP ARE YOU?
WHAT KIND OF GROUP RP ARE YOU INTENDING ON DOING?
YOUR GROUP MUST HAVE A SMALL BASE (DUPE)
DOES YOUR GROUP REQUIRE ANY CUSTOM PLAYER-MODELS? (ONLY THE ONES THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN-GAME)
ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS?

--- Please note you are required to build a dupe and have it ready for the event for your base/RP. Do not build at the day of the event. ---
[Image: WMlyI8F.png]
LEADER OF THE PEOPLE (PRESIDENT) (0/1)
NESTERS (ROOF SNIPER BASED GROUP, SOLO GROUP) (0/4)
SURVIVORS (/)
BANDITS (0/5)
-----------------
OTHER ROLE-PLAY GROUPS WILL BE ADDED
-----------------
APPLICATION STATUS: OPEN

- All players will be given a 20 minute time before the event starts to set up their dupes and make sure their models and items are set.
- NOT ALL PLAYERS WILL GET A REP. ONLY THOSE WHO RP PROPERLY WILL BE RECEIVING A REP
OMG SO COOL
FIRST
When applying for sniper do we need a base?
(Sep 18, 2017, 08:54 PM)ExoticHoe Wrote: [ -> ]When applying for sniper do we need a base?

The snipers role here is to mostly camp roofs, that's why they're called nesters so build yourself a sniper's nest on a roof somewhere.
Quote:
NAME ICEKILER_99
STEAMID STEAM_0:1:87262869
IC:NAME John 'ICE' Richards
IC:JOB/ROLEPLAY (WRITE IN DETAIL) I don't get this
ARE YOU PICKING ONE OF THE CURRENT ROLES OR A CUSTOM ONE? Current
WHAT ROLE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE? Bandit
WHAT ARE YOU HOPING TO DO WITH THIS ROLE? Because I've always been on the more aggressive side,ofcourse that does not mean I will go around killing people for fun.
DOES THIS ROLE HAVE A BASE? IF SO WHERE? Doesn't say it anywhere it just says that I'm allowed to kill my teammates if I am outside our base.
DOES THIS ROLE REQUIRE A CUSTOM PLAYER-MODEL (ONLY THE ONES THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN-GAME)
ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS?
This seems pretty neat
Name: [L²] Bambo

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43202742

Hours: 2148 hours

IC Group Name: Alexandria Safe-Zone

IC Group Description: Surviving is the ultimate goal of the people in Alexandria, and they have survived in EvoCity while most were destroyed. Willing to do anything to stay alive, led by an ambitious leader who travelled all the way here with his settlers to find a safe haven again.
IC Group Roleplay: Scavenging, farming, guarding, markets.
IC Group Type: Other
What kind of group are you?: A survivalist one.
WHAT KIND OF GROUP RP ARE YOU INTENDING ON DOING? Scavenging, farming, guarding, markets.
Your group must have a small base (DUPE) Will do! | Lake and lake-side houses up to the water tower if possible.
DOES YOUR GROUP REQUIRE ANY CUSTOM PLAYER-MODELS? Anarchist models and BF4 military models preferred, as we did scavenge the military folks in the last one
ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS? No.

[Image: 4JqJ3vC.png]
Message me on steam if you are interested!
For those who sent me a PM asking about how to apply.

I think you should read the "How to apply" section of the thread, I heard rumors that it actually tells you how to apply, that's actually quite strange if you ask me but apparently its true.
NAME AyeeAnonymous, Vimpto, Quest
STEAMID STEAM_0:0:121158941
IC:NAME Robert Bundock
IC:GROUP NAME Rebal.Radioz
iC: GROUP DESCRIPTION We try not to kill anybody unless they attack us, we are on a mission to help others.
IC:GROUP ROLE-PLAY To create a radio station to inform all on what is happening.
IC:GROUP TYPE Passive
WHAT KIND OF GROUP ARE YOU?  Passive
WHAT KIND OF GROUP RP ARE YOU INTENDING ON DOING? To recover electronic parts to create a radio station.
YOUR GROUP MUST HAVE A SMALL BASE (DUPE) Top floor of left slums building.
DOES YOUR GROUP REQUIRE ANY CUSTOM PLAYER-MODELS? May I have the Kleiner and Vimpto to have monk please?
ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS? May we have the top floor of the left hand building of the slums please?
For those who are coming please comment that you're coming.

If anyone who isn't going to be able to make it, comment that as well, if the majority of the people can't make we will reschedule for a better time that suits everyone else.

Current date is Friday 29th, around 6 PM GMT
I'm comin' so look out fuccbois.
I'm comming ~ ^-^
im coming maybe in a group to be decided
NAME Daley
STEAMID STEAM_0:0:45345820
IC: Captain Dale Stark
IC: Military Remnant - Alexandria Safe Zone
iC: A Military remnant, unable to contact their superiors, got stranded. The people of Alexandria allowed them to come inside, since then, they have been operating from inside Alexandria, in return, they offer protection.
IC: Their main goal is to secure Alexandria, and assist in setting up a local government, as well as contacting any remnants of the government for new orders. (If any are left.) The men are divided between carrying out there missions, and helping the people of Alexandria. (EXPLAIN YOUR RP)
IC: Military/Passive Will not attack unless attacked, or ordered to.(HOSTILE? PASSIVE? OTHER? EXPLAIN)
WHAT KIND OF GROUP ARE YOU? Military, military remnant.
WHAT KIND OF GROUP RP ARE YOU INTENDING ON DOING? Passive/aggressive/Military
YOUR GROUP MUST HAVE A SMALL BASE (DUPE) Will be in the Alexandria dupe.
DOES YOUR GROUP REQUIRE ANY CUSTOM PLAYER-MODELS? (ONLY THE ONES THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN-GAME) Military Models.
ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS? Limited amount of weaponry carried over from prior event.
Pages: 1 2 3 4