Limelight Forums

Full Version: GUI Minimap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: XjFVIpkl.jpg]

Title: GUI Minimap

Description:
Infuse our current Map Guide made by Bambo and our lovely developers with the above addon,
thus adding a way for players to see where they are on the map.

Why?:
Why not?

Link

A little help for the developers:
You are able to replace the map generated, by your own map image.
Place the current map file created by us with the one inĀ \data\mapimages and it will load automatically next time you type "openmap" in the console.

The map image, however needs to be the same pixel by pixel size

[Image: VEd1bUP.jpg]
(the map image used above was not a 1:1 representation of the Rockford map,
thus the not-so-accurate positioning of the player)
Definetly a +support from me. Wow. This got into Staff Review really quick Oo
A suggestion has already been made.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-17092.html
+support but you can only see the players that are either in your clan, team or in a small radius from you
+Support!
(Sep 14, 2017, 11:12 AM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]A suggestion has already been made.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-17092.html

Too bad. Poor guy.
I'm already working on something similar. To crosspost from the other thread.

(Sep 4, 2017, 01:00 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 3, 2017, 10:45 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 3, 2017, 09:50 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]The current map is still a work in progress and I'm working on new features as we speak, and I don't like the idea of a satellite map as maps like Rockford has empty places between areas which just looks awful.

-Support

Why coding something custom when there is already something that does the job ?

Because that limits us. If we do something custom we can shape it to our liking and do it the way we want it to be. As I said, I've already planned some upcoming features and we can't do those if/when we use an already made one. We can't edit the workshop addon as it would require changing it such an extent that it would be a new addon, so might as well make a custom one. Also, as I said before, the satellite imagery is not the best option as the map has spaces that will stick out and overall cause the map to look bad. That's why I went with the Google Maps, OSM styles.
Approved.
Done with /map.