Limelight Forums

Full Version: Mac crashing when joining.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay so I don't know if anybody else has this problem but overtime my mac keeps crashing when joining (Either on "workshop completed" or "sending client info"), so I was wondering if there is any fixes for this? since it is generally annoying to have a bootcamp portion taking up 50gb space because the OSX version can't get it right.

.All other source games work just fine and get way higher FPS.
.Gmod seems to almost always crash when it reaches 2.5GB ram (Which is strange because I have 16GB).
.Limelight is not the only issue, it happens on every other server.

I read about it online and it kept on saying it was due to Gmod being a bad port but I wanted to know if anything else is causing it?

Please, DO NOT post "Get windows windows is so much cooler" or something along those lines.
Hey, Oliver.

While i'm not an expert with mac and computer things in general it might help disabling all addons you dont need for limelight, verify the game files & run it in windowed mode.
If it happens to every other server too, you might wanna consider another operating system, before that though, you could try clearing your addons from anything that is not related to limelight and possible enable the multicore support.

Quote:gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode 2
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

or use this if possible https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...#pid176044
I'll give you a hand when I'm off work. Post due for edit.
Curious, what's the specs on your mac? Sounds like the crash could be happening right as you're loading into the game and vram would be more applicable here.
Offtopic posts removed. "Get windows" isn't useful advice.
Hello. My name is Tails. I'm not going to make any more posts about how the OP should just get Windows.
Please keeps post useful and relevant to the topic at hand. Saying "Mac is shit." or "Get Windows" doesn't help the user with useful advice or guidance.
Please keep to the topic and offer other help then saying for him to get Windows. Although it is the superior platform for gaming, some players only have access to a Mac or Macbook.
(Aug 28, 2017, 07:22 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Curious, what's the specs on your mac? Sounds like the crash could be happening right as you're loading into the game and vram would be more applicable here.

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
[font=Helvetica Neue]3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad core with hyper-threading.[/font]
[font=Helvetica Neue]256gb SSD with 3gb right and read.[/font]
[font=Helvetica Neue][font=Helvetica Neue]Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.[/font][/font]
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB.
When I verify the cache it always says 1 file is corrupt and will be replaced everytime.
I mean you could always fire up windows in a VM and check it...

edit: this counts as serious discussion now so up ye

This counts as a serious warning, so knock it off.
(Aug 28, 2017, 10:43 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]I mean you could always fire up windows in a VM and check it...

edit: this counts as serious discussion now so up ye

I have installed windows with bootcamp however windows is generally (This is my opinion so don't take it personally) my least liked operating system out of the two, it takes up a decent amount of space and gets in the way of mac OS work and so id prefer it if I could get a solution that allows me to delete the partion. Also windows removes a lot of mac OS features I like such as the nightshift mode which is inconvenient when playing later at night.

Also on windows it works fine however looks pixelated on my retina display for some reason.
(Aug 28, 2017, 12:34 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]If it happens to every other server too, you might wanna consider another operating system, before that though, you could try clearing your addons from anything that is not related to limelight and possible enable the multicore support.

Quote:gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode 2
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

or use this if possible https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...#pid176044

It only really happens on limelight and sandbox and it takes a while to happen consistently on sandbox. It didn't happen of fearless either but I have seen it on darkrp aswell.
Pages: 1 2 3