Limelight Forums

Full Version: Nerf Fires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>: Ingame.

In detail, explain your suggestion: Nerf the damage and oxygen loss done by fires. Currently, they do 15 damage a tick and drain oxygen in 5 seconds flat. Reduce this to oxygen drain in ~30 seconds, and ~2/3 damage a tick, so you don't die in ~10 seconds.

Why should this be implemented? Makes things fairer. Gives you a chance of surviving smaller fires.
+support
+Support
+Support
-support. Fires already seem to be a bit weak at the moment. Nerfing fire would simply make it completely useless.
+support
-Support

Keeps people from running into fires. Rather keep it a death trap than see players going head first screaming "Yolo!"
Currently fires can kill within 8 seconds, and thats not being in the fire, thats being within 7m of the fire, it drains your oxygen in 4 seconds and causes instant death within another 4 seconds, being shot in the head puts you into an injuired state, being on the 3rd floor when someone throws a molotov on the first? Near instant death.

An entire police force should not be able to be smothered to death with 2 molotovs in seconds.

+Support
(Aug 10, 2017, 04:46 AM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]-support. Fires already seem to be a bit weak at the moment. Nerfing fire would simply make it completely useless.

The damage code runs in the think hook, which runs every 1/33th of a second.

So if within fire range, you take 3 damage, every 1/33th of a second. That will put you in the injured state in just over a second, and kill you in less than a second.

If you're in the upper damage range, you take 15 damage, every 1/33th of a second. That injures you in 0.2 seconds, and kills you in another 0.2 seconds.

Stamina and Oxygen drain is slightly different. That runs every half a second.

Within the outer ranges, it removes 8 stamina every half a second, draining your stamina completely in 6.25 seconds. Same for oxygen, draining 8 every half a second. (Which doesn't matter, because you're injured anyway).

Inner ranges, drains 24 stamina/oxygen every half a second. Your stamina and oxygen are completely drained in two seconds.

Scrap my HP values from before, I found it does even more damage.
So within inner ranges, it does 6 damage every 0.5 seconds, along with the 15 damage every 1/33th of a second.

A 0.4 second kill time is not weak.

[Image: 7c6d07df06ea142de3979440c2b6aa3c.png]
(Aug 10, 2017, 08:29 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 10, 2017, 04:46 AM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]-support. Fires already seem to be a bit weak at the moment. Nerfing fire would simply make it completely useless.

The damage code runs in the think hook, which runs every 1/33th of a second.

So if within fire range, you take 3 damage, every 1/33th of a second. That will put you in the injured state in just over a second, and kill you in less than a second.

If you're in the upper damage range, you take 15 damage, every 1/33th of a second. That injures you in 0.2 seconds, and kills you in another 0.2 seconds.

Stamina and Oxygen drain is slightly different. That runs every half a second.

Within the outer ranges, it removes 8 stamina every half a second, draining your stamina completely in 6.25 seconds. Same for oxygen, draining 8 every half a second. (Which doesn't matter, because you're injured anyway).

Inner ranges, drains 24 stamina/oxygen every half a second. Your stamina and oxygen are completely drained in two seconds.

Scrap my HP values from before, I found it does even more damage.
So within inner ranges, it does 6 damage every 0.5 seconds, along with the 15 damage every 1/33th of a second.

A 0.4 second kill time is not weak.

[Image: 7c6d07df06ea142de3979440c2b6aa3c.png]

Well if you're actively standing in a fire, don't you think you should be noticeably affected?

Perhaps it shouldn't kill you that quickly, but if you want to lower the damage then I'd suggest that if a player actually touches the fire wearing flammable clothes (meaning not the gas mask and SWAT uniforms), their player model lights up and the player takes continuous damage over a certain period from burning.
Also, he blackmailed me. Fire isn't OP. Leave it as it is.
-Support
Fire is not OP.
Due to a high level of community support, this suggestion has been moved to the Popular section.
Pushing for Staff Review.
Approved.
Pages: 1 2