Limelight Forums

Full Version: Allowing cuffed players to enter government vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>:
In-game
In detail, explain your suggestion:
Allowing people which are hand-cuffed to enter goverment vehicles.
Why should this be implemented?

I understand why people are not able to enter normal cars while hand-cuffed. It limits the abuse of their friend driving up, them jumping in and speeding away. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this happen and had to chuckle to myself when their plan fails. 

However with the resent update there are more and more reasons why a police officer would need to take a suspect to the PD or court room. 
- DetectiveRP means more people will need to be questioned at the station in the two interrogation rooms.

-LawyerRP with the above happened I have an image of more lawyers in the city which have a right to speak to their clients in peace. Which can only be done at the station 

- courtRP after the above has happened it would be a perfect way to end the roleplay in the court room. Which now is on the ground foor, no more frustrating elevator which is been called by 3 people at once.

Limiting this is limiting the potential of roleplay.
Tase them then wake them up, resets the animation and allows them to enter the vehicle.
(Jul 29, 2017, 12:12 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Tase them then wake them up, resets the animation and allows them to enter the vehicle 
Wouldn't it be better to allow them to enter Government vehicles without this though? It breaks the flow of roleplay.
I'm pretty sure this has already been suggested before.
only goverment vehicles lmao

-support
(Jul 29, 2017, 12:12 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Tase them then wake them up, resets the animation and allows them to enter the vehicle.

It still kinda sucks for people taking hostages or others without tasers that still need to transport restricted people.

Why not hook into PlayerEnteredVehicle() to disable the animation and PlayerLeaveVehicle() to enable it when they leave?
There was already an extremely similar suggestion to this (arguably more advanced suggestion) which I've just found here:
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-16183.html
(Jul 31, 2017, 02:52 AM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]There was already an extremely similar suggestion to this (arguably more advanced suggestion) which I've just found here:

Honestly, I'd argue that this suggestion is more of a bug report
(Jul 31, 2017, 03:17 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 31, 2017, 02:52 AM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]There was already an extremely similar suggestion to this (arguably more advanced suggestion) which I've just found here:

Honestly, I'd argue that this suggestion is more of a bug report

I don't think it's a bug because it prevents handcuffed players from entering a vehicle and then driving away, for example.
(Jul 31, 2017, 03:23 PM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's a bug because it prevents handcuffed players from entering a vehicle and then driving away, for example.

Just because it happens to stop someone from doing that does not mean it is not a bug. Even then, it doesn't realistically stop them from driving away: if they get tased or something else happens that causes them to lose the animation they could still drive a car away.
(Jul 31, 2017, 07:08 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 31, 2017, 03:23 PM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's a bug because it prevents handcuffed players from entering a vehicle and then driving away, for example.

Just because it happens to stop someone from doing that does not mean it is not a bug. Even then, it doesn't realistically stop them from driving away: if they get tased or something else happens that causes them to lose the animation they could still drive a car away.

I would say that tazing is the bug, not the reduced abilities when handcuffed.
(Jul 31, 2017, 09:55 PM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]I would say that tazing is the bug, not the reduced abilities when handcuffed.

That's objectively wrong. If the dev's intended on restricting entrance to vehicles, they would (or at a minimum should) return false in CanPlayerEnterVehicle() rather than do some awkward get in the vehicle and the get out on top of it.

The bug is that the animations kick players out of the vehicle, animations resetting after tasing is another bug.

Even though the bug might cause functionality you like, that does not mean it is not a bug.
Added in Revision 4248.