Limelight Forums

Full Version: Riot Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>: In-game.

In detail, explain your suggestion: First of all add Police Riot Gear to the server and than  add the possibility for Police to wear Riot Gear during Lockdowns.

Why should this be implemented? As we all know the United States of America are currently split due to the PotUS, a split that caused a lot of riots and protests. Seeing the Police during such riots and protests wear Riot Gear made me think about why we don't have Riot Gear on LimeLight. There were already two suggestions to add Riot Gear, but I will try a third time with some slight tweaks to both old suggestions. I think Riot Gear should be implemented, first of all for riots. Now some of you may argue that there are not that many riots and protests on LL, but maybe that Riot Gear could go ahead and change said thing. And even if not there are still some riots here and there where said Riot Gear would come in pretty handy. But the Riot Gear is not just meant for riots and protests but in my opinion would work well during Lockdowns aswell to secure f.e. the Nexus or other Buildings, Persons or even crime scenes. I am uncertain if Riot Gear should be worn for raids as I do not know if normal Patrol Units wear such gear for Raids (Feel free to inform me). What I want the Riot Gear to feature is:
- No damage taken by: Fists, Blackjacks, Baseball Bats (and any other crude melee weapons I forgot)
- Less damage taken by: Knifes
- No effect taken by: Tranquilizer Rifle (Due to thick armor the dart could not penetrate)
[MAYBE: - Less damage taken by fire (Due to Molotovs thrown during Riots) ]
The downside of the Riot Gear could be:
- Decreased Speed
- Increased Stamina draining
The requirements for the Riot Gear could be:
- Only able to wear during lockdowns
x2-5 Gov. Rep's needed to purchase and wear Riot Gearx (<-- Removed due to arguments against REP restriction.)
- A price ranging anywhere from 0-100.000 Dollars
I think Riot Gear like that could work very well and be something very useful, so that Officers won't get hurt during Situations where 8 people start throwing punches at you, or worse. It would help intimidate Criminals/Not law abiding People during times of crisis (lockdowns) to reduce the risk of chaos and attacks being launched towards Police. I suggest the following Riot Gear Playermodel, due to it being very customizable aswell as not looking too Militaristic and it being a clear difference to SWAT Units.

Riot Gear Playermodel: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...iot+police

Pictures of Model:
[Image: aF9wWXK.jpg]

[Image: J65V0dd.jpg]
[Image: o1LUQC4.jpg]
Great, lets again lock down amazing ideas with this idiotic REP restriction resulting only 1 or 2 can wear the gear and can have fun and a plain and simple "fuck ye" to the rest who never recieve them anyway.
(Jul 21, 2017, 03:36 PM)Delex Wrote: [ -> ]Great, lets again lock down amazing ideas with this idiotic REP restriction resulting only 1 or 2 can wear the gear and can have fun and a plain and simple "fuck ye" to the rest who never recieve them anyway.

The REP restriction is just an idea. Of course if enough people share your opinion the Riot Gear does not need to be restricted to REP's at all. I have just suggested it to decrease chances of abuse.
(Jul 21, 2017, 03:38 PM)RageSquid Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 21, 2017, 03:36 PM)Delex Wrote: [ -> ]Great, lets again lock down amazing ideas with this idiotic REP restriction resulting only 1 or 2 can wear the gear and can have fun and a plain and simple "fuck ye" to the rest who never recieve them anyway.

The REP restriction is just an idea. Of course if enough people share your opinion the Riot Gear does not need to be restricted to REP's at all. I have just suggested it to decrease chances of abuse.
How could riot gear possibly be abused?
Riot gear would only make sense if the whole police force would have access so they can do some tactics. (Surrounding, etc.)
Other than that: I don't see the need of riot gear. We already have riot shields and SWATs with heavy armor.
(Jul 21, 2017, 05:47 PM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]

Riot gear would only make sense if the whole police force would have access so they can do some tactics. (Surrounding, etc.)
Other than that: I don't see the need of riot gear. We already have riot shields and SWATs with heavy armor.

The SWAT usually (at least the Riots/Protests I personally have been invloved in) does not perform Crowd Controling tasks but rather more dangerous/important tasks. Even if, 4 SWAT Members could still use help when being surrounded by up to 10 civilians. And the riot shield does not help you when said up to 10 civilians start attacking you from the side. I respect your arguments.
(Jul 21, 2017, 05:55 PM)RageSquid Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 21, 2017, 05:47 PM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]

The SWAT usually (at least the Riots/Protests I personally have been invloved in) does not perform Crowd Controling tasks but rather more dangerous/important tasks. Even if, 4 SWAT Members could still use help when being surrounded by up to 10 civilians. And the riot shield does not help you when said up to 10 civilians start attacking you from the side. I respect your arguments.
I get your point but you have to keep in mind that this is a game server. And, be honest, did you ever saw a riot at all? And then a riot which outnumbered 4 SWAT members?
To not drag it out and end our conversation for now: Yes.
+support Seams Cool it Will be Nice To Have Riot Gear
For a start staff give out lots of reps i was in game yesterday and about 4-5 people got reps.

OT +Support
*el bumpo*
+Support
*Bump*
By the power invested in me, I shall approve this suggestion!
Added in Revision 4506.