Limelight Forums

Full Version: 100% disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

Last night when I was watching, when my whole computer started lagging. I looked it up, and it said something to do with my disk, and I'm pretty sure it is because it's at 100%. It's lagging my whole laptop, and especially when I'm on the internet. I've tried a few solutions, and one of them worked for about 10 minutes. I was wondering whether anyone can help me sort out the problem?

Also, I've just found out that it spikes up to 100% when I go onto YouTube, but when I'm not on that it's normally calm. However, every so often it'll go up even when I'm not on YouTube.

Thanks,
Constrictor.
Are you using any kind of adblocker?
(Jun 5, 2017, 07:49 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using any kind of adblocker?

Hey Project,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I am using an adblocker.

Thanks,
Constrictor.
Try disabling that and try again, also mind posting your computer specs?
(Jun 5, 2017, 07:50 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling that and try again, also mind posting your computer specs?

I've just disabled it, and it seems to be fine now. Would you still like me to post my computer specs?
No need if your issue was resolved, some times adblockers slow videos down to potato speed or lag the hell out of your computer, I will leave this up for the day if you want and I will archive it tomorrow if everything remains not laggy, alright ?
(Jun 5, 2017, 07:54 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]No need if your issue was resolved, some times adblockers slow videos down to potato speed or lag the hell out of your computer, I will leave this up for the day if you want and I will archive it tomorrow if everything remains calm, alright ?

Ahh, alright. Thank you for the help! Yeah, that seems to be good, just in case it decides to die again.

Thanks again,
Constrictor.
I have downloaded Advanced Systemcare 10 and it cleans out everything you don't need on your computer and speeds up your PC. You can get it for free, but if you want I think it costs like 7 or 10 euro.
(Jun 5, 2017, 07:58 PM)SirApex Wrote: [ -> ]I have downloaded Advanced Systemcare 10 and it cleans out everything you don't need on your computer and speeds up your PC. You can get it for free, but if you want I think it costs like 7 or 10 euro.

Yeah, I might get a different version which I think does the same thing, CC Cleaner if it happens again. Thanks for your reply Big Grin
I use Adblock Plus. Never had a problem.
(Jun 5, 2017, 08:59 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ] I use Adblock Plus. Never had a problem.

Same, even I have desktop computer
(Jun 5, 2017, 08:59 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ] I use Adblock Plus. Never had a problem.

That's what I used, it just started playing up out of nowhere. I've used it for around 3 years without any problems.
(Jun 5, 2017, 09:29 PM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]

That's what I used, it just started playing up out of nowhere. I've used it for around 3 years without any problems.

Disgusting. 3 years of no ad revenue for my prs on u. :|
Guys, don't suppose we can leave the socioeconomic debate of adblockers for another day eh? Let's keep this thread easier to read for others who have the same problem please. Smile

you're the technical guy here. Anything else?
this thread has been left open for 24 hours just to make sure that the issue is resolved.
Pages: 1 2 3