Limelight Forums

Full Version: [In-Game] Voice Communication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>: In-Game

In detail, explain your suggestion:

Basically, the core aspect of this suggestion involves people using microphones. Mainly like, the name that shows up. Surely like, it should show their character's name instead of their steam name? I mean, ik people use it for OOC chat too but it's mainly used for IC communication (EG: Police radio, chatting in a shop and stuff). Particularly on the radio, instead of having to check the tab menu and find which person is speaking, it'd be a lot easier if their name was displayed over their steam name.

Why should this be implemented?

It helps stop some confusion and helps you know exactly who is talking - particularly in police radio as people don't always say their name before they go out into what is happening. Also almost everyone uses voice radio for IC, with very few using it solely for OOC stuff, so doing this'd properly solidify that into place.

It'd also be (relatively) easy to do, I assume. Seeing as it's just replacing the steam name string with the string that contains someones character name, it should be as easy as just copy/pasting the line of code that draws your name on the HUD and replacing the line in the voice script that does the same for the steam name.
+Support
I'd prefer just removing the ability to see a name all together when someone is talking. Just have it appear above their head. This would prevent meta-gaming and would make it more realistic. Police using voice comms would be identifying themselves over radio anyways
+Support
+support
(Jun 4, 2017, 09:17 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer just removing the ability to see a name all together when someone is talking. Just have it appear above their head. This would prevent meta-gaming and would make it more realistic. Police using voice comms would be identifying themselves over radio anyways
+Support
+Support
+support
(Jun 4, 2017, 09:17 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer just removing the ability to see a name all together when someone is talking. Just have it appear above their head. This would prevent meta-gaming and would make it more realistic. Police using voice comms would be identifying themselves over radio anyways

Besides maybe a steam-id?
+support
Due to high levels of popular support from the community, this suggestion has been moved to popular.

(i said popular twice in one sentence :<)
+Support. Would be great if it displayed the ID also. Would make dispatch roleplay SO much easier.
Pushing for Staff Review.
Pushing for Staff Review.
Pages: 1 2