Limelight Forums

Full Version: Running from Police as Citizen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So.. A player with Job name "citizen" drove away from a traffic stop, then he went into a prusuit and got arrest. I reported it to an admin and he told mer there is no rule against that.

However,

I did the same thing, and i got a vehicle blacklist.

So is it now agains the rules or isnt it ?
Quote:70155
Nebula
STEAM_0:0:80111414
[Image: steam.png]
Vehicles
Running from police as Citizen for assuming a fine would be given.
2017-01-14 01:51:56
Expired
[L²] Soviethooves
Quote:To admins: 326 Just was in a police chase as a citizen. He drove away from a traffic

stop. He stopped and drove away to get in a prusuit

[L²] ... :  RP it out not against the rules, against the laws.
Huh

Apex

- Not staff in anyway nor a teacher -
I think it depends on the context of the situation; a citizen is perceived as a normal member of society and as a result would not speed away just to avoid a fine, however if other factors were involved such as a massively corrupt police force; or something like that is sets the foundation for a RP reason to not pull over I think it becomes a different matter.
(Apr 16, 2017, 06:14 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]- Not staff in anyway nor a teacher -
I think it depends on the context of the situation; a citizen is perceived as a normal member of society and as a result would not speed away just to avoid a fine, however if other factors were involved such as a massively corrupt police force; or something like that is sets the foundation for a RP reason to not pull over I think it becomes a different matter.

Correct. There needs to be a realistic reason why a Citizen is runninng. People don't just run away because they "might" get a fine. It breaks the atmosphere we attempt to accomplish. I would like to read up on that case though. Running from police just because you wanna completely voids our server's reasoning for being a RP server.
In most cases - As Soviet said, you'd have to have a really good reason why and not just simply because it MIGHT be a fine. The rules indicate in the second paragraph the following:

Quote:Remember, our roleplay is about recreating a lifelike civilisation - your character is by default a functional member of society, so don't do anything you wouldn't do in real life.

Unless you have a specified job or reason, you shouldn't be driving or running away from the police as you are a functional member of society.

has your question been answered?
(Apr 16, 2017, 05:26 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]So.. A player with Job name "citizen" drove away from a traffic stop, then he went into a prusuit and got arrest. I reported it to an admin and he told mer there is no rule against that.

However,

I did the same thing, and i got a vehicle blacklist.

So is it now agains the rules or isnt it ?
Quote:70155
Nebula
STEAM_0:0:80111414
[Image: steam.png]
Vehicles
Running from police as Citizen for assuming a fine would be given.
2017-01-14 01:51:56
Expired
[L²] Soviethooves
Quote:To admins: 326 Just was in a police chase as a citizen. He drove away from a traffic

stop. He stopped and drove away to get in a prusuit

[L²] ... :  RP it out not against the rules, against the laws.
Huh
Same with me u got a 24hr bl
I guess..
Well after what everyone Said here, was that that Person broke the rule then. He stopped and drove away in a Sprinter with Name citizen, I was not in the whole pursuit but I just saw his Sprinter flipped on the side so i assume there was some heavy ramming involved.

Well.. Thanks anyways, just made me confused.
I got a 7 day ban. lol

Needs to be properly written down, not just an "it's common sense" type of things.
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:08 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]I got a 7 day ban. lol

Needs to be properly written down, not just an "it's common sense" type of things.

Sours showed it. Not everything can be described in detail. Therefore we expect players to use common sense and connect that they are by default of a functional member of society and that doing stuff without proper RP reason is not what we welcome.
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:15 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

Sours showed it. Not everything can be described in detail. Therefore we expect players to use common sense and connect that they are by default of a functional member of society and that doing stuff without proper RP reason is not what we welcome.

It becomes hard to follow, and enforce a rule that isn't written?

Common sense to you is completely different to a normal player since we have vastly different roles within the community.  

It doesn't need to be written in detail. For example
"Citizens may not run from the police, unless you have a valid RP reason to do so"
That was terribly written, but you get the point.
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:19 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]

Common sense to you is completely different to a normal player since we have vastly different roles within the community.  

"Citizens may not run from the police, unless you have a valid RP reason to do so"

Read Sour's quote and then check the FailRP rule. If you put those 2 together, it's fairly simple to follow. If we specify this rule, we will have to specify the next rule and the next rule, and the next rule, and so on. It would be a waste of time and effort as there will always be a hole.
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:26 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

Read Sour's quote and then check the FailRP rule. If you put those 2 together, it's fairly simple to follow. If we specify this rule, we will have to specify the next rule and the next rule, and the next rule, and so on. It would be a waste of time and effort as there will always be a hole.

"Remember, our roleplay is about recreating a lifelike civilisation - your character is by default a functional member of society, so don't do anything you wouldn't do in real life."

Includes mass starvation, murder, and a population of insanely rich citizens in such a small city. 

More eventful than Coronation Street.

To add onto this, players wouldnt want to read 1000 rules detailing every situation. I know I wouldnt.
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:29 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]

"Remember, our roleplay is about recreating a lifelike civilisation - your character is by default a functional member of society, so don't do anything you wouldn't do in real life."

Includes mass starvation, murder, and a population of insanely rich citizens in such a small city. 

You'd be surprised how well you just described most cities.
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:35 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:15 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Sours showed it. Not everything can be described in detail. Therefore we expect players to use common sense and connect that they are by default of a functional member of society and that doing stuff without proper RP reason is not what we welcome.

Also includes mass illegal activities, money printing and drugs in a city of no more than 80 people at a time.
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:37 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:35 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 17, 2017, 12:19 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]It becomes hard to follow, and enforce a rule that isn't written?

Also includes mass illegal activities, money printing and drugs in a city of no more than 80 people at a time.

I mean if you want a more realistic experience we can overload the server with players more than it could handle and restrict all actions and put in place realistic laws and a permit system so it no longer becomes fun and more of a chore.
Pages: 1 2