Limelight Forums

Full Version: Sensor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>:ingame

In detail, explain your suggestion: so im thinking of making a sensor, what you use it for is upto you, it will activate key same as like buttons / keypads etc
im thinking PIR type sensor, which can be set to player only or all movement
it will be directional say 90o and customized range (built in max)

Why should this be implemented?
can be useful for many RP and making automated doors (or in my case a room full of explosives set to go off when triggered :p )
Why not, we need ear rape alarms too though
+support
+support
This would be useful for blowing shit up!
Elevator + Sensor = Your very on sci-fi spaceship! HALO IN CITYRP BOYS!

OT: Yes please, I could make so much with it.

+Support
could definatly come in handy
+support
+Support

Can the sensor trigger other players if they for example cross a certain line on sometimes property?
And the sensor could be binded to fading doors or elevator tool?
with the use of range and line of sight you can easily control were the sensor picks up
and yes it will trigger anything that uses key system like fading doors

im thinking various modes to setup how you want

- button style- hold key while something is in area then release
- 2 step - single press of key on activate and then again on release (can be dif key)

also thinking about a auto reset option
so the sensor can have 2 way in which is works
no reset - will be active while someone or something is in it area that wasnt there at start
auto reset - will will reset it self after activating to say a car being left in the area wont keep it active

will prob add a 5 sec timer to spawn for setting (initial scan)
Quote:or in my case a room full of explosives set to go off when triggered
Quote:This would be useful for blowing shit up!
6.6 Do not build traps and constructions that kill people. 

No fun allowed.
well this obviously doesnt include bombs, thats for me only! ;p
I'd rather have like a trip sensor where it's like a beam of a laser and when you step though it, it tells the owner that someone has triggered it. Much like the Paramedic's Life Alert System.

+Support
Sending a msg to owner is a possibility 

Laser was my first idea but limits use
You can use this way in same way as laser as you can control range and area with line of sight so say putting it in box with a hole were it can only see out a narrow area. Is effectively laser sensor

Ofc this all depends on how well i can get it to work
+Support

Already got some ideas going for how PaniTech could use these....
Having it so when placed, there is outlined box in green which is the area that will trigger something. So it will work like a button. You can either have Toggle option ticked or not. So when within the area it will stay open, once left it will close.
+Support
+Support
Pages: 1 2 3