Limelight Forums

Full Version: Experiencing major throttling.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

Making this so other people can give their input and this can serve as a record as to what's actually happening. This problem started sometime around the 3rd of this month and I believe the time was 7pm GMT/UTC. After some investigation today, I determined that the problem usually starts around 6pm GMT/UTC on the dot. I've used net_graph 4 to determine what's going on, and noticed that the red spikes at the bottom right corner of the screen are very frequent, sometimes it's not much but can extend to very large blocks or "microstutters" as I call them. I can record this if requested.

I believe this is a similar situation to this thread, which ironically enough I helped in resolving. I'm under the impression that a specific firewall routine beginning at 6pm GMT/UTC is interfering with my connection, causing it to be throttled. During the time I'm being "throttled", I'm unable to interact with anything. My chat becomes delayed, I can't move, I'm unable to do anything, and usually I end up being kicked by the anticheat for truth engineering - which isn't true.

As this is a networking problem, I'm happy to provide a traceroute and my IP to backend developers if they need this. I'm also open to hearing suggestions from other members of the community.

Thanks in advance to any advice or solutions that are provided.
Tagging developers incase they can help out.

Also, have you made sure that there is not something that happens with your internet connection in general? Internet provider playing with the lines or something?
I'm relatively sure that isn't the case.

net_graph 4 is designed to display any vital internet stats coming from both my client and the server. As noted in numerous places online, it can easily show what problems are originating from my client or from the server. The red spikes I mentioned in my OP represent traffic that's coming from the server which is having issues from what I understand.

I've also tried updating drivers followed by a reboot,  but that made no effect.
I can confirm that the same issue still happened today @ 6pm GTC/UTC. This time I also noted a slowdown in my connection to the forums too, which is quite weird.

EDIT: Also confirmed on my end that there's no traffic shaping or firewall rules in place on my end that may be causing this.
Right this might be a dumb question but are you plugged in via ethernet cable or wireless?
(Mar 7, 2017, 09:05 PM)Hodor Wrote: [ -> ]Right this might be a dumb question but are you plugged in via ethernet cable or wireless?

I'm running off an Ethernet cable.
And happened again, this time I managed to record a clip of my perspective of the bug including the netgraph which should help developers get a closer insight.

Seems to be resolved. Thanks to and for trying to help.

Closed & Archived