Limelight Forums

Full Version: Server Joining Problem (MAC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

thats the problem: 
Every time I join the RP server with my mac, it crashes the moment it downloads the map file.
I've reinstalled all addons, the entire game but nothing helps. It gets really odd if I join the EvoCity Build Server, because this is working just perfectly. Also if I firstly join the build, then the RP Server it's still not working.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
It sounds like you have a problem with the map download. That's fine! You can download the map from here. Please do let me know if this works, if not then I can suggest an alternative for you.

Please also ensure that your model quality is set to "High" regardless of your hardware, as this can also cause problems.
No sorry, it's still not working. I think it could be a general problem with my mac, presumably with RAM management. I will contact Apple soon and send them my crash report.
However, thanks for your help.
I'll keep you up to speed and tell you if I get it working.

Best regards,

Daniel
I see.

Are you sure you've got all the content installed properly? You can find it here.
Do you have CSS and Half Life episodic content installed?
He should have all the Content Properly installed.
I dont think he has the Episodic Content
(He is my Bud irl & gave him links to the LL content, i know he does not have CSS & Episodes).
Yes, I've installed all contents and the map of course too. 
I haven't installed the CSS and Half Life content though. Could someone send me the link for that?
Macs don't work very well on Garry's mod normal I would say that macs can't connect to server necuase there not powerful enough.
With limelight being a big game mode you are going to struggle to join even people with really high end PC have a issue joining.

I used to be a developer and the main issue was connection people not being able to connect but I have seen that  limelight has the same issue with people crashing when they join I am trying to find a solution to it currently.
Ok, thanks Gamerpro2266 and all others.

I would be glad, if you could contact me as soon as you find something
regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Daniel
CS:S content:
https://mega.nz/#!fZUgkJqL!inVqrmDPoJbjh...OabGPshBbs

HL2:EP2 Content:
https://mega.nz/#!rQNHQDxR!I9-qCr4l3FznN...BcfLAWMITU

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!
Thanks, I've installed the two content packs.

Now, if I've reached the point where my game starts downloading the map, I get this message: 
"failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer: nVertexCount=1701, nFirstVertex=0"

Then the game crashes and gives me the crash report I've attached.
Try this:

* Right click Garry's Mod on Steam
* Choose Properties
* In the window that appears, click Launch Options
* In the text box that appears, type '-dxlevel 70'
* Press OK to close all the boxes

Now try to run Garry's Mod.
Still crashing while downloading map file.

Now I get this message:

Time Awake Since Boot: 3200 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0  AwesomiumBrowserMain  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Thread 0 Crashed:: AwesomiumBrowserMain  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Awesomium                     0x271b73a1 mac_plugin_interposing::GetPluginWindowHasFocus(void*) + 1671489
1   libsystem_malloc.dylib         0x91d4b76c szone_error + 246
2   libsystem_malloc.dylib         0x91d3ee9f allocate_pages + 482
3   libsystem_malloc.dylib         0x91d45c5a large_malloc + 1025
4   libsystem_malloc.dylib         0x91d3f8d5 szone_malloc_should_clear + 1262
5   libsystem_malloc.dylib         0x91d3f3e1 szone_malloc + 24
6   Awesomium                     0x271b7da1 mac_plugin_interposing::GetPluginWindowHasFocus(void*) + 1674049
7   libsystem_malloc.dylib         0x91d3f38c malloc_zone_malloc + 75
8   libsystem_malloc.dylib         0x91d3e17e malloc + 52
9   libtogl.dylib                 0x028069a2 CGLMTex::CGLMTex(GLMContext*, GLMTexLayout*, GLMTexSamplingParams*, char*) + 866

What are your macs specs?
OSX Isnt made for gmod or many games its badly made for osx,  type -autoconfig into your console before joining
autoconfig; -autoconfig are no commands. At least, thats the message of my consol
Pages: 1 2 3