Limelight Forums

Full Version: [v2] LimeLight Gaming Server Launcher - Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
LimeLight Gaming - Launcher by H4MZ4

(Updated July 2018 - V2 Refresh)

Hopefully this is a little easier to understand, here is a my tool I created for players to easily access all the LimeLight Servers, which also includes checking the player count. This doesn't speed up the connection process, but adds a bit of automation, that you click on the server you want, and it will start the application and join the server. Feel free to download and use the program if you want, I just created it to test myself with my basic Visual Studio experience.

Screenshots

Links

GitHub Repository
Virus Total Scan
Download Link

Changelog

V1. Initial Release
V1.1 Compiled Into Single EXE
V1.2 Update Notifier, Info/News Bar.
V2 Follows Forum Colour Scheme, Updated Servers
But you can just click the server banner on the top of the page and it puts you right into game?

And why is it called a shutdown tool?
Whilst a nice concept, you could always just go to the main page for the forums and click the appropriate banners. I'll be doing some virus scans and analysis on this though shortly, just to be safe.

EDIT:

See my next post for analysis results.
(Nov 27, 2016, 04:16 AM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]But you can just click the server banner on the top of the page and it puts you right into game?

That's the back story to it, my first program I made in VS, scroll down for the screenshots of the actual program.
(Nov 27, 2016, 04:18 AM)Noot Noot Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 27, 2016, 04:16 AM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]But you can just click the server banner on the top of the page and it puts you right into game?

That's the back story to it, my first program I made in VS, scroll down for the screenshots of the actual program.

Oh. The main program looks pretty. What was the first program? Looks fishy lol.
(Nov 27, 2016, 04:16 AM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst a nice concept, you could always just go to the main page for the forums and click the appropriate banners. I'll be doing some virus scans and analysis on this though shortly, just to be safe.

True, mainly a "project" thing to get my VS skills higher.
(Nov 27, 2016, 04:19 AM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 27, 2016, 04:18 AM)Noot Noot Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh. The main program looks pretty. What was the first program? Looks fishy lol.

A simple tool which has no real purpose, just getting to know the Visual Studio program, with drop down boxes and making them do stuff when they are selected.

In that first program, the drop down box shows, Restart, Shutdown, Log Off, you select an option and it will perform it. Pretty simple, but again no real use when you have a Windows button to do this, again just a little example to get myself into the coding feel.
Alright, so I'm done with my scans and analysis stuff.

MalwareBytes using DB version 2016.11.26.11 claims the file is clean.
ESET NOD32 using virus signature database 14063 (20160903) also claims the file is clean.

The only network connections the app makes is to the Limelight site.

After doing a double check, the checksum stated on the virustotal also matches the checksum found on the .zip file that linked.

From the scans and network analysis, it seems safe but can never be too sure so be cautious when using this app.

Good luck dude!
Amazing.
I mean, it looks wonderful.
Update 1.2

This update has a few new added features, and some other things I am trying out.

• *Static images, such as the Limelight Logo, Server Image, TS Image etc, are stored locally, this is to improve the load times of the images as previously some were being taken from the internet.
  • *If no internet connection is available, the banners will be replaced with a "no internet connection" banner
  • *A new scrolling text bar has been added to the bottom, this bar can feature new updates and information for players regarding the server and news. It can be changed at anytime by me, and it will be used only for updates and information for both launcher and server.
  • *An update notifier has been added to the launcher, this will check for the latest version available and notify the user when they launch the program if an update is available

That is all for the updates of the launcher v1.2, virus scan links, download links, and github links are correct for v1.2.
The GitHub repo is a little messy right now, but I will clean it up sometime soon...

Lastly, for the experts out there

Code:
         byte[] raw = wc.DownloadData("https://pastebin.com/raw/PZg7Jwm7");

string webData = Encoding.UTF8.GetString(raw);
           lblScroll.Text = "     " + webData;

[Image: 3fbd5579a079b7284c261db8be234777.gif]
(Obviously is much smoother in real time, it's a gif)
I'll do rechecks on it later.
Nice job!
Link seems broken, I can't get to it.
(Nov 29, 2016, 01:11 AM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Link seems broken, I can't get to it.

Thanks. Fixed it
Pages: 1 2 3