Limelight Forums

Full Version: Problem joining the server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yesterday I tried to join the gmod server. It was downloading all the files, and after a while it said that the map i have is different to the one in the server. So I downloaded the one from the forums and everything was okay. After a while of downloading the rest of the files, gmod stopped responding when it said "Downloading settings/spawnlist/letters.txt" I tried reinstalling the addons and even the game, but nothing helped. Then I found a download link for letters.txt and it worked. Then gmod stopped responding at "Downloading settings/spawnlist/rp_evolved_city.txt" I found on different forums that someone just made an empty .txt file, and it worked for me. Now it stops at "Downloading particles/weapon_fx.pcf.bz2" What do I do? Should I attempt to make a file with that name? How many more files will I have this problem with?
I think that Rock has to update the links for the server map.I have seen a lot of people getting disconnected because of this problem.

I am having a similar problem to this. My Gmod is constantly getting stuck at "Downloading settings/spawnlist/letters.txt". I then uninstalled all my addons etc but then also had the error "Downloading particles/weapon_fx.pcf.bz2" which is exactly the same problem by the looks of it.  Dzhonopeksis any chance you can send me a link to that download file? Here's my Console.log
Make sure you have set your Model Quality to high, else when connecting to GMod it tends to crash.

Is this still an occurring issue?
Yes, but now it stops at "Downloading maps/graphs/RP_EvoCity_v4b1.aln"
I was able to join the server, but there are textures missing and error signs.
Is this still an ongoing issue ?
is this still an issue? Please get back to us by the end of this week (15th).
I am able to join the server. Everytime when connecting it stops for like 4 mins on "Downloading maps/graphs/RP_EvoCity_v4b1.aln". But when i get in the server , there are some textures missing and ERROR signs.
The 4 minute wait on the Graphs is very common. It's a very big file to download.

With missing textures and errors:

A) Please make sure you have content subscribed.
B) Make sure you hyave the following games installed or have models/materials installed
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life 2: Episode 1
- Half-Life 2: Episode 2
- Counter Strike Source
Any update upon this, ?
how do i get the models/materials from those games?
Pages: 1 2 3