Limelight Forums

Full Version: Government Worker Photon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In detail, explain your suggestion:
Anyone with a government worker pass has the ability to enable Photon lighting on their vehicle.
Basically, if they have a pass and do command (let's say /photon), their vehicle will have Photon emergency lights & sirens on it.
Think of the really old /copcar command, but actually nice looking.

This sounds really complicated to code but I promise it isn't.

Why should this be implemented?
This would make it so people don't have to try and weld crappy looking prop lightbars to their vehicle (which also will cause lag!). Additionally, it'll just generally increase immersion and realism on the server. Rather than seeing some random government worker with a gun, they have lights to give them an authoritative look. It also lets government workers respond to emergencies in a safer manner and direct traffic if need be.
Finally, new players who don't quite understand how changing /job works will be less confused if a person with a government worker pass is trying to arrest them (rather than saying things like "but you're just a citizen!").

And just a side note:

I know we have a lot of cars. I am willing to code all of the Photon config files for every vehicle we have on the server. If approved, I can literally do it in less than a day. I have a lot of experience creating Photon files so I have gotten pretty fast.
++++++++++support
+support

This would be super helpful. People always claim the excuse of not knowing that they were being chased, if this gets approved then that excuse is no longer valid.
+support I love you daddy
+support
+support
+ support
[Image: tucQ0zw.jpg]
Bumping with this picture, as it's semi-relevant. I just fixed the Whelen Avenger (dash light in center of photo) in Photon's component library, which would be a great and realistic light for use in the unmarked government worker vehicles.
It literally mounts everywhere - dash, headliner, deck, rear headliner, the side of the vehicle.
I've seen some damn good unmarked cars that just use avengers + hideaways / wig-wags

For any Burn Notice fans, it's the dash light they use in almost all (if not all) unmarked crown vics in the show :^)
I would like to direct attention to a suggestion I made a while back, which I feel covers this and also allows for even more.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-9830.html
(Sep 28, 2016, 11:56 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to direct attention to a suggestion I made a while back, which I feel covers this and also allows for even more.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-9830.html

Yep, I was thinking about ambers but I left them out of my suggestion specifically because I don't think they should be restricted to government workers but also adding colors adds for more complication code wise. In your thread, each vehicle looks like it'd need 2 configuration files, one for amber and one without.
Approved.