Limelight Forums

Full Version: STATUS 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Good morning community.

VPS backend [ Services - Forums ]

We have successfully switched our entire VPS backend to a new host. This includes all services (steamid, bans, blacklists, changelogs, membership, main-menu, radio, esce), this forum and our intermediate-database. You might have noticed our new IP already. It might take a while until the DNS is fully settled.

In order to keep security and protection high, we now have a more powerfull server/network.

Gameserver backend / Professional & easier development

Our new gameserver backend is ready. We have applied various protection layers in order to keep it stable.
In addition, we have taken the previous protection as a fallback.
We don't know if any of this will be enough. We will see and monitor.

We also re-configured the developer backend, in order to provide our developers with more options and easier tools.
Thanks to this new backend, we can now have Contributors/Contractors to receive read/write access to the beta-server.
Our plan is to provide them with files/folder for live development on beta. Intervention of a higher rank developer is no longer needed.
They will be able to restart the beta server on their own. In addition, we can now easily merge changes/updates from beta to upstream (live). No more hassle with other file transfer protocols. Developers can now keep track on beta-changes too.
We can even rollback from upstream to beta (in event of hotfix or critical security issues).

Development will be much faster, less error-prone and easier.

We still have problems with one of our IP. This needs to be resolved before we can launch. We have informed our hoster already. 

Thank you for your patience, it is worth the wait.
Thanks Burnett Smile
Thanks for the hardwork
any ideas of when the server is going to get back online ?
Can't wait!
Good job to all the developers who spent so much effort into making limelight safe again!
Keep on the good work.
Credit:All Developer
Good job developres
u are the best!!
Great job to everyone who's thinking and helping along with this process. You're all doing a fantastic job at making our community a lot safer and (even) more enjoyable. Kudos to you all for making some time free next to working your asses off with development to post updates once in a while! Big Grin
Keep it up guys. <3
Although I hardly play here or post anything on LL, I have to say that the devs are handeling the situation extremely well.
[Image: 2lilaZH.png]
(Sep 3, 2016, 01:49 PM)4EAL Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the hardwork

Rather than questioning when it is gonna be up, be happy that it's more secure and have a DDOS-free gameplay
(Sep 3, 2016, 01:49 PM)4EAL Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the hardwork

It will be online when it's ready.
I can't say that the day without Limelight is hard :/ Give me a sec i gonna see is the server back up or not *Browsing Server List*
Quick update: Our hoster confirmed an incident with one of our IPs. They are now fixing the issue. Kudos to for sorting the emergency-support requests.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5