Limelight Forums

Full Version: Updating weapon allowance list for Police, SWAT and SSA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> in-game

In detail, explain your suggestion: as some of you are aware, there is a list of weapons that police can equip from their inventory. Right now it consist of the MR96, MP5 and AR15

i'd like to expand the list to the following firearms:
- HK G36C

- FN P90

- FN Five Seven (if not added)

- SCAR-H (Maybe SWAT Only?)

- SCAR-20 (Maybe SWAT Only?)

- HK UMP

Why should this be implemented?

If wealthy people as civilians can buy guns and exterminate cops, seems right to me that wealthy cops can equip expensive guns and go on crook safari.

also most of the weapons are used by the police in the US and EU
to keep the thread bumped *Evil Intensifies*, please put a comment with your opinion, so i can know the reason and, if i disagree, try to counter them
P90 only
G36C Only, as that is the assault rifle most commonly used by police.
to everyone, we are talking about private purchase weapons, not in lockers.
+Support to all
(Aug 24, 2016, 08:31 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ]to everyone, we are talking about private purchase weapons, not in lockers.

Police officers in most countries are not allowed to use personal weapons. This is due to all weapons police are issued have to go through testing, and are manufactures specifically for government usage.
There is no problem with the current selection and it is the most realistic compared to the proposed.
And swat can already use the SCAR-20 can they not?
(Aug 24, 2016, 10:01 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 24, 2016, 08:31 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ]to everyone, we are talking about private purchase weapons, not in lockers.

Police officers in most countries are not allowed to use personal weapons. This is due to all weapons police are issued have to go through testing, and are manufactures specifically for government usage.
i know, but here we haven't a theoretical issue, but a practical one.
if we give, for examples, P90's or G36C's to new cops, they would probably mow the server.
in this way, wealthy police officers can face their citizen counterparts without being underdogs.

and we have a source about purchased patrol rifles:https://www.quora.com/Do-law-enforcement-officers-choose-their-own-weapons-and-gear
i will sample a quote for you 
"In recent years, many officers have started carrying military-type patrol rifles. Most departments do not purchase these. If the officer wants to carry one, he gets approval from his agency, makes the purchase from an approved list, and then completes training and demonstrates proficiency with the weapon before he is allowed to carry it. Agencies generally do provide ammunition for training and carrying on duty, but all other costs are borne by the officer. 

My department issued each officer a 12 gauge shotgun at the start of the watch. The officer would load the shotgun with the ammunition from his department issue (this was replaced roughly once each year, with the old stuff blown off at the range), and return the unloaded shotgun to the armory at the end of watch. The shotguns were seldom fired, but gradually wore out from being loaded and unloaded two or three times each day. They were replaced roughly every five years, with the old ones sold to gun shops, where they were refurbished and resold to the public (the shotgun I keep for home defense is a retired police gun). Some officers wanted to have a shotgun they could be more confident about, and purchased their own. They often had little improvements and upgrades, such as mounted flashlights, soft rubber grips and pads, and corrosion-resistant aftermarket finishes. Some cops compared and competed with tricked-out shotguns the way car aficionados will meet in parking lots and pull up the hoods on their engines to show off their handiwork. "
buuuuuuuuuuuuuump
mmmmmmmmm
(Aug 25, 2016, 03:52 PM)The Demonic Knight Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmmmmm

you did not explain you prick
(Aug 25, 2016, 03:58 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 25, 2016, 03:52 PM)The Demonic Knight Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmmmmm

you did not explain you prick

Watch the language.

-Support

At most add the AR-15 OR the G36C. Although IRL police have access to these weapons, however we must leave all heavier firearms for SWAT to keep them more heavily armed as keep their use as a response team. That is until we fix the weapons system.
(Aug 25, 2016, 04:50 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

At most add the AR-15 OR the G36C. Although IRL police have access to these weapons, however we must leave all heavier firearms for SWAT to keep them more heavily armed as keep their use as a response team. That is until we fix the weapons system.

Problem is we need to balance the forces. If the police tries to go against more than 4-5 people, they will always get destroyed because they don't have the appropriate firearms. TBH if an officer is patrolling with a SCAR-20 that would be classed as FailRP, but it if there was a raid to happen police are often geared up with better kevlars and firearms.
Pages: 1 2 3 4