Limelight Forums

Full Version: Define the S.W.A.T van rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>

In detail, explain your suggestion: The rules on the swat van, the biggest one fear rp

Why should this be implemented?
 so I was playing today, I was in the swat van supposed to be bullet proof, lock pick proof, the lot, and someone walked in the back of the truck, because another swat guy just left the back of it so, in an rp situation the doors where still open. but at the front of the van where the driver is situated, their are iron bars, where their fore no one can kill the driver, but as someone walked in the back of it I was under "Fear Rp"
I think that some rules should be added about the swat van, is it fear rp proof or not, if it isn't why isn't it if its bullet proof, we need rules so people who have it cant get in trouble when driving it
+Support

It needs redefining.
This was an incident on Fēarless one time with a Fēarless teacher whom got banned for it.
Eventually the UBR was approved, as it was a 'accident' or something.
Personally, what that user did was completely normal, and in real life you would be under fear that you'd die as the bars have little shooty holes to kill you.
Common sense allows you to realise you'd be under FearRP there

I personally think his rule doesn't need to be redefined, as it makes complete sense, as it would be classed as FearRP, as it's the only place where you could get shot and killed.
(Aug 24, 2016, 01:08 AM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]This was an incident on Fēarless one time with a Fēarless teacher whom got banned for it.
Eventually the UBR was approved, as it was a 'accident' or something.
Personally, what that user did was completely normal, and in real life you would be under fear that you'd die as the bars have little shooty holes to kill you.
Common sense allows you to realise you'd be under FearRP there

I personally think his rule doesn't need to be redefined, as it makes complete sense, as it would be classed as FearRP, as it's the only place where you could get shot and killed.

Thing is, at the time the van was added the staff and dev team has said that FearRP doesn't apply for the front of the van.
As it stands many admins, say many things about fear Rp and the swat van, but if everyone says different things which one is right?
Neutral, ''You must follow FearRP – Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you.'' The van is bulletproof, there is no need to be scared. There is also a PR somewhere of someone in a SWAT van ''breaking'' fearrp, which got denied. Can't be bothered to find it atm.

EDIT: Found the PR, https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-8420.html

EDIT2: Direct quote from After a staff discussion we've came to the conclusion that FearRP does not apply when inside the SWAT van. A note will be made in the rules shortly regarding this gray area.

Quote taken from the PR linked above.
What he is pointing out though is the railings at the back, where you can get in and point a firearm in that trailing where you would beable to kill that user
There was a staff discussion. Which lead to the conclusion of that PR.
(Aug 26, 2016, 02:14 AM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]Neutral, ''You must follow FearRP – Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you.'' The van is bulletproof, there is no need to be scared. There is also a PR somewhere of someone in a SWAT van ''breaking'' fearrp, which got denied. Can't be bothered to find it atm.

EDIT2: Direct quote from After a staff discussion we've came to the conclusion that FearRP does not apply when inside the SWAT van. A note will be made in the rules shortly regarding this gray area.

That is different, in my PR I was outside the van when trying to get Knox out, and FearRP didn't apply. However Gallagher has described that the attacker was inside the van aswell.
It is simple. If you have hostiles outside of your SWAT Van and you are in it, FearRP does NOT apply. Incase one of the hostiles manages to get on the back of the SWAT Van FearRP applies for anyone in the back of the car. Incase there is somebody in the back you should be following FearRP if they have gotten other SWAT unit under FearRP. If you are alone or only the front of the car is occupied FearRP should not apply.

That's what I think should be set us.
(Aug 26, 2016, 10:22 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 26, 2016, 02:14 AM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]Neutral, ''You must follow FearRP – Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you.'' The van is bulletproof, there is no need to be scared. There is also a PR somewhere of someone in a SWAT van ''breaking'' fearrp, which got denied. Can't be bothered to find it atm.

That is different, in my PR I was outside the van when trying to get Knox out, and FearRP didn't apply. However Gallagher has described that the attacker was inside the van aswell.

Here's how it happened to clear things up:

Gallagher was driver.
I was in the back. We are both SWAT.
Lizard and the others were sneaking around.
I got out and tried to shoot Lizard, failed, got injured and unconcious.
They ran to the van and jumped in (through visually closed doors) then wanted to make Gallagher get out of the van.
(Aug 26, 2016, 03:23 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 26, 2016, 10:22 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]

Here's how it happened to clear things up:

Gallagher was driver.
I was in the back. We are both SWAT.
Lizard and the others were sneaking around.
I got out and tried to shoot Lizard, failed, got injured and unconcious.
They ran to the van and jumped in (through visually closed doors) then wanted to make Gallagher get out of the van.

Exactly, FearRP would not apply. As the (as far as I remember) the little hole in between the passenger compartment and the drivers seat is empty, no glass. This is so the driver can easily communicate with the team without using radios. Where as with my player report, we were outside the van, and Knox was secure inside.
(Aug 24, 2016, 12:30 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

It needs redefining.
Approved.
Moving to "High priority"