Limelight Forums

Full Version: [1.5.0] Limelight - UCP [User Control Panel]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I mean, the US server is the only reason a number of people are still involved in the community, and there are a lot of people who would like to transfer dupes to/from Rockford....
(Aug 23, 2016, 11:13 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, the US server is the only reason a number of people are still involved in the community, and there are a lot of people who would like to transfer dupes to/from Rockford....

Sadly it's just not financially viable to keep the US server running.
This update caught a lot of people by surprise, but I kinda saw it coming. Either way, Burnett you have achieved something great here: you have given me an erection that has lasted longer than four hours and I'm now going to the hospital.
Personally I wasn't surprised by the update, and it didn't give me much of a wow, but hey, the developers have worked their arses off and I personally like it, but it doesn't affect me as much as other users will.

Respectfordevelopers
(Aug 24, 2016, 12:09 AM)George Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 23, 2016, 11:13 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, the US server is the only reason a number of people are still involved in the community, and there are a lot of people who would like to transfer dupes to/from Rockford....

Sadly it's just not financially viable to keep the US server running.
Can we at least know what date you're giving us the middle finger?

EDIT: Would alternatives be on the table? A smaller server/different location/something until the community grows? Because the US server brought in a number of active players, and before it got so neglected everyone abandoned it, was decently popular.
They already gave the U.S. player-base the middle finger by deciding that they weren't going to dish out some of the donation funds to invest in actual advertisement for the community. Most of them could care less because their EU server has a high enough population with the primarily EU and UK player-base, along with the US player base that doesn't want to sit on an empty server. Don't know what the deal has been and why people expect the U.S. server to suddenly hit some boom and shoot up with a magical amount of new US players. Only way you can make that happen is by actually advertising and bringing awareness to the game mode and community itself

I myself would personally put my own money towards paying a YouTuber to feature our community, however THAT doesn't financially make sense when this community has made plenty of money, especially with this card event, to fund that endeavor. And to be honest, that would benefit both the EU and US player-base. After all, I haven't seen a day where both servers were full in quite some time.
This isnt a place to discuss the US server.
If you wish to discuss this make a new thread in the right section
Thank you.
(Aug 24, 2016, 10:08 AM)Pinky Wrote: [ -> ]This isnt a place to discuss the US server.
Thank you.

Apologies, I thought it was appropriate since this is where the reveal that it was going to be shutdown took place.
(Aug 23, 2016, 09:25 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 23, 2016, 02:51 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 23, 2016, 02:35 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]So, when is the full dupe management system going to be released?

There is one?
Nope, we can't transfer to/from Rockford.

Look bro im sorry to break it to u but Rockford is dead.
omfg that dupe manager.... where have you been all my life?
As of version 0.8.5 you can review all updates/fixes in the UCP-changelog.

Simply visit https://ucp.limelightgaming.net/changelog or click the version number.

[Image: Y6sJeyt.png]

Development roadmap:

+ Static content such as images, templates, scripts, styles etc will no longer reach the underlaying application.
That content will be cached by the webserver for about 5 hours. If cache is disabled in your browser, you will not notice the speed optimization. Your own fault.

0.8.9f
+ This version will speed-up dynamic content, such as loading the assets of the stats-page, character-page and dupe-manager.
+ In addition, serveral backend dependencies of the dupe-manager UI (user interface) will be removed - thus giving more speed upon rendering.

+ This version will fix the "missing-content" issue. Issue: When a folder was created with the dupe-manager, the dupes and folders inside cannot be accessed by in-game duplicator. This is an issue with the adv-duplicator-tool and not the dupe-manager. Therefore, a fix will be pushed to adv-duplicator-tool.
(Aug 25, 2016, 10:10 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 24, 2016, 10:08 AM)Pinky Wrote: [ -> ]This isnt a place to discuss the US server.
Thank you.

Apologies, I thought it was appropriate since this is where the reveal that it was going to be shutdown took place.

Discussions go in a discussion thread, announcements are for the announcements subforum just incase you were still a bit confused
Release of version 0.8.9f

[Image: lGhB0hJ.png]
+40 dev-changes

[Image: pONYee4.png]

Detailed information:
You can now check for the creation date, description, entities, map and constraints.
If you use a lot of constraints, a notification is shown. (Check animation below).

Please note that the "map" property is only available on newer dupes. If you want to have it for your older ones,
simply spawn the dupe (in game) and re-save it. Please check the following changelog entry that explains it:  https://limelightgaming.net/services/cha...1&rev=1329

A lot of time was spent on this one. We have designed/developed an algorithm to guess the location of your dupe.
For example: If you build something at Evocity-Mainstreet and save it, the algorithm attempts to get the location based on various metrics. The algorithm works in conjunction with the CityRP2 location system, which was developed by our veteran , in an early stage of Limelight.

Please note that the location property is only available for new dupes. Such as with the map property, you need to re-save your old dupes to have it available. Simply join the server, spawn your old dupe and save it. Preferably a new name should be choosen. But that is up to you. 

Model viewer:
The model viewer has been improved. From now on, models are grouped into subsets, each holding a maximum of 7 models.
You can easily navigate through subsets by using the navigation-bar.
This is more comfortable especially for people with larger dupes.

In addition, a popup with information is shown when hovering a model.

[Image: pemOZm7.gif]

Confirmation on removal:

A lot of users accidently removed a dupe/folder. This is no longer possible.
From now on, a confirmation-dialog will appear when clicked.

[Image: ZouviGn.png]

A lot of more stuff is coming soon! Enjoy.
(Sep 20, 2016, 05:00 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Release of version 0.9.8f

[Image: lGhB0hJ.png]
+40 dev-changes

Detailed information:
You can now check for the creation date, description, entities, map and constraints.
If you use a lot of constraints, a notification is shown. (Check animation below).

Please note that the "map" property is only available on newer dupes. If you want to have it for your older ones,
simply spawn the dupe (in game) and re-save it. Please check the following changelog entry that explains it:  https://limelightgaming.net/services/cha...1&rev=1329

A lot of time was spent on this one. We have designed/developed an algorithm to guess the location of your dupe.
For example: If you build something at Evocity-Mainstreet and save it, the algorithm attempts to get the location based on various metrics. The algorithm works in conjunction with the CityRP2 location system, which was developed by our veteran , in an early stage of Limelight.

Please note that the location property is only available for new dupes. Such as with the map property, you need to re-save your old dupes to have it available. Simply join the server, spawn your old dupe and save it. Preferably a new name should be choosen. But that is up to you. 

Model viewer:
The model viewer has been improved. From now on, models are grouped into subsets, each holding a maximum of 7 models.
You can easily navigate through subsets by using the navigation-bar.
This is more comfortable especially for people with larger dupes.

In addition, a popup with information is shown when hovering a model.

Confirmation on removal:

A lot of users accidently removed a dupe/folder. This is no longer possible.
From now on, a confirmation-dialog will appear when clicked.

A lot of more stuff is coming soon! Enjoy.

Looks good, however, I find it hard to use as I can't see where my dupes are, like in order. Its just for me a bit strange to use with the drag and drop and the "tiles". 
However so far it looks really good, thank you for this Smile
Great Work!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7