Limelight Forums

Full Version: Soundscape Outside of City
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whenever I leave the city limits in v4b1, I start hearing sounds remniscient of standing in the middle of a volcano or surrounded by steam geysers, which go off every 5 seconds and make it almost impossible to hear other people. Whenever I'm in the city everything's fine; I hear ambient helicopters and traffic noise; as soon as I hit the tunnel the soundscape turns into what I previously mentioned. Any advice/help offered would be greatly appreciated.
There was a problem like this before with a barking dog noise once you left the city. I think that turned out to be a problem with Gmod itself, and if we can get some confirmation from other players that they are experiencing the the same thing, that may turn out to be the case.
Well i am experiencing that bug or sound bug to.
, are you still having this issue?
(Aug 21, 2016, 02:56 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ], are you still having this issue?

Yeah it's still an issue.
(Aug 21, 2016, 03:32 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2016, 02:56 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ], are you still having this issue?

Try this workshop addon. It should remove/replace some sounds

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=Sound+fix

If not, you could find the env_soundscape that plays the sound and then edit the key value for it with a different sound.
(Aug 21, 2016, 06:48 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2016, 03:32 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]

Try this workshop addon. It should remove/replace some sounds

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=Sound+fix

If not, you could find the env_soundscape that plays the sound and then edit the key value for it with a different sound.

The workshop link I already have installed, didn't work. I'll have to try your second suggestion.

Any luck with that suggestion?
If needed provide me a list of all sounds that its playing on your game and will make custom sounds for all of them
I'm not sure where I can find the sound file that's playing, and stopsound doesn't inform me which sounds have been stopped.

Try looking in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\sourceengine\scripts
game_sounds_ambient_generic
https://pastebin.com/uqkthUEj

That's what I find in that file
Compared text. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Try going to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download\sound
And delete everything in this 'sound' folder, and I mean everything.
(Aug 27, 2016, 01:34 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Compared text. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Try going to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download\sound
And delete everything in this 'sound' folder, and I mean everything.

Deleted everything inside the sound folder, but it doesn't appear to have changed my problem in any way.

(Just as a headsup Octagon, I appreciate how helpful you've been up to this point)
no worries, I'm trying to do the best I can.

Found the command. Type "snd_dumpclientsounds" in console, this will give you a full list of ongoing sounds.
Pages: 1 2 3