Limelight Forums

Full Version: BPL 16/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who is going to win the trophy this year, kinda new to this community so just wanted to know how much of a football fanatic I'm and if anyone wants to talk about football I guess I would be the one to go to. In my opinion this year, this will be the top 6 teams in the league.

1. Spurs- Great talent and a great youth team, my cousins boy-friend works for them as under-19's coach called Shaun Harrison. A bit biased xD
2. Man City- I hate to admit it but this team is to good not to finish either second or even first a great starting line-up all top of with a great manager
3. Man United- Probably tip-ed as one of the top teams in the league this year with such a good manager behind them. Another typical league finish for them nothing special
4. Arsenal- Another typical Arsenal finish for Wenger, terrible signings so far looking at the way Granit Xhaka played for Switzerland this year doesn't look anything special.
5.Chelsea- Will come to quite a suprise to some people however Conte is a mad-men looks like a manager who just screams at the players, the team play bad football and don't see them going anywhere this season.
6.Liverpool- Jurgen Kloops army will IMO roll on to another European place for Liverpool but will have a good season knowing his managerial skills

So these are my top 6 be sure to tell my your opinion on this league season.
I wouldn't say you're a big football fan if you're saying for Man Utd "Another typical league finish for them nothing special"?

A typical league finish for Man Utd has proven to be within the top 2 if not 3. Only 3 years have we had bad finishes, so how can you call it typical? You look at the past 10 years, then what's typical for Utd?

I understand how you mean typical for Arsenal because they've done it for 10 years, but come on if you say you're a big football fan, talk football and not shit.

I think City, Chelsea, United and Spurs will complete the top 4 this season, Chelsea I'm tipping for the title if not United, depending whether Mourinho gets his big man Pogba, although I wouldn't be surprised to see City win it as much as I hate to say that. Leicester will get 10th-12th I think and Liverpool to settle with a 5 placed finish.
I'm talking about a typical finish for united in the previous 3 years, I think some people need to understand United are not the team they were 10 years ago. Look at there statue in defense with the previous 10 years they've lost such a good partnership with Ferdinard and Vidic.
I think I have even been quite generous saying that they would finish 3rd this season there defense is a shambles, however they still seem to focus on bringing in big attacking and midfielding options, that in my opinion this is what they don't need
Go Man U!
(Aug 5, 2016, 07:54 PM)JoshZ Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have even been quite generous saying that they would finish 3rd this season there defense is a shambles, however they still seem to focus on bringing in big attacking and midfielding options, that in my opinion this is what they don't need

Defence is shambles?

You know Man Utd had the best defensive record in the premier league last season? Lmao.
Simply because of David De Gea and Chris Smalling the rest of there defensive line-up is honestly shit
(Aug 5, 2016, 09:41 PM)JoshZ Wrote: [ -> ]Simply because of David De Gea and Chris Smalling the rest of there defensive line-up is honestly shit

Not really. Luke Shaw should be back this season and Darmian is pretty good. The signing of Bailly should maybe make the defense a bit better. The defense isnt bad, its just that they dont have many big names and the midfield and offensive part of the team does.
Big names so you're saying Chris Smalling is not a big name with Luke Shaw one of the biggest hype ups in the world of football
(Aug 5, 2016, 06:49 PM)Falcao Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say you're a big football fan if you're saying for Man Utd "Another typical league finish for them nothing special"?

A typical league finish for Man Utd has proven to be within the top 2 if not 3. Only 3 years have we had bad finishes, so how can you call it typical? You look at the past 10 years, then what's typical for Utd?

I understand how you mean typical for Arsenal because they've done it for 10 years, but come on if you say you're a big football fan, talk football and not shit.

I think City, Chelsea, United and Spurs will complete the top 4 this season, Chelsea I'm tipping for the title if not United, depending whether Mourinho gets his big man Pogba, although I wouldn't be surprised to see City win it as much as I hate to say that. Leicester will get 10th-12th I think and Liverpool to settle with a 5 placed finish.
This geeza knows his stuff, Mourinho will get who he wants, I think it will be between Chelsea City and Utd.
Mourhino will get what he wants because he is mad with his money. The thing is of how much of a big club Man United are, can they really keep on bugging out loads of money for big signings?
Man Utd can outspend Real Madrid, look how much we've spent the last 3 seasons and still we can pay out 100million on a single player, I don't think money is a problem.
(Aug 5, 2016, 11:02 PM)JoshZ Wrote: [ -> ]Big names so you're saying Chris Smalling is not a big name with Luke Shaw one of the biggest hype ups in the world of football

No, I'm saying the defense doesn't have as many big names as the midfield and offense.
(Aug 5, 2016, 11:45 PM)Falcao Wrote: [ -> ]Man Utd can outspend Real Madrid, look how much we've spent the last 3 seasons and still we can pay out 100million on a single player, I don't think money is a problem.

Are you sure about that because they still hasn't been confirmed
(Aug 6, 2016, 12:06 AM)JoshZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 5, 2016, 11:45 PM)Falcao Wrote: [ -> ]Man Utd can outspend Real Madrid, look how much we've spent the last 3 seasons and still we can pay out 100million on a single player, I don't think money is a problem.

Are you sure about that because they still hasn't been confirmed

It's confirmed United put a 100 million bid, so we've got the money to do so.
Pages: 1 2