Limelight Forums

Full Version: Referral system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Limelight Referrals Programme

For those of you who are interested in helping Limelight to grow and earning rewards for doing so, you'll now be able to make use of our new referral system!

There are currently three separate referral types, all of which work using the same simple command, /invite <steamid>. A successful referral will grant you referral tokens, which you'll be able to use to trade in for various rewards and bonuses. The three different referrals work as such:

New Players - This is for people who have never experienced any of our servers before. Please use the command and input their SteamID before inviting them to join our servers. Once they reach 10 hours of playtime, you'll receive a 'new player' token.

Players with low hours - If the player has joined our servers but currently has under 10 hours of playtime, you can still refer them. As before, simply input their SteamID with the command, and once they've gained 10 more hours of playtime, you'll receive a 'low hours' token. Please note that players referred in this manner will have to either accept or deny the referral - this is to avoid abuse.

Low server population - If the server you are on currently has under 20 players, you can invite someone using the same command, and if they join within the hour, you'll be granted a token. Please note that this will only work if the player is offline, and has not been online in the last two hours.

And, the part you're probably more interested in...

The rewards

We want to let you decide these. We have some ideas in mind, but given how referrals will be made by the community, we want to listen to what you guys have to suggest here. What kind of rewards would make you want to go the extra mile and bring new players to Limelight?

Also, this lets us track how many of each token type come in over a period of time so that we can appropriately balance the rewards. We don't want to offer too little or too much; one would be unfair to you and the other would harm the (developing) in-game economy and progression system more. It also means that we can address any unforeseen bugs and potential for abuse before rewards start coming in.

Hopefully, by the time we've figured out some great rewards with your help, some of you will have collected enough tokens to reap the benefits!

Don't worry, this isn't the only update coming soon. We're working hard on some actual gameplay updates, too. We hope that this will have some effect in bringing in new players, and perhaps even helping to further revive the US server so that we can continue to afford the hosting costs.

And, most importantly, the team and I would like to express our thanks to everyone who tries out our referral system and makes suggestions for potential rewards.
Nobody expected this.
(Jul 28, 2016, 03:33 AM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody expected this.
Indeed.

Sounds like a fun way to advertise and get more players onto the servers.

This is a minor update. Not part of the hype.
(Jul 28, 2016, 03:55 AM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope.
(Jul 28, 2016, 03:55 AM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]

The hype? what hype? I am not feeling no hype... what's this hype all about..
(Jul 28, 2016, 06:23 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-9640.html

here have some credit
Well that's noice. Good work
This looks good, perhaps one of the rewards if people want to turn in their tokens could be to give them money, I was thinking that one token could be worth $500 - $1000 so that the economy isn't harmed to much by this. Along side that we could have the tokens be traded in for items such as food, toolboxes, petrol canisters and things like that, I would suggest we don't give guns through the token system unless it be small firearms such as pistols or even melee weapons. I think we should have some special unique items that you can get only through tokens, I'm having trouble thinking of what they could be but I'm sure someone else will have some ideas!

Anyway great update hopefully this will get the player population up, keep up the great work!
Nice work, Faustie. <3
I think some cars would be a nice reward. Either trade in tokens for cash (1 token = $10k?) and then 50 tokens unlocks an exclusive car - something to do with transport, like a truck or an alternative unlocker for the Bus.
(Jul 28, 2016, 01:12 PM)Safira Wrote: [ -> ]I think some cars would be a nice reward. Either trade in tokens for cash (1 token = $10k?) and then 50 tokens unlocks an exclusive car - something to do with transport, like a truck or an alternative unlocker for the Bus.

Looks like Saf wants the world to end!

I mean, IF we got new types of transport, that can lead to be unlocked with tokens? eh
I likey Saf's idea doe
More exclusives? No thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3