Limelight Forums

Full Version: US Rockford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
US Rockford Server

We need all of our community members to show a little love to our baby so we can keep her as free as the 4th of July.

The current map is v2b and may have some kinks, but we need to work with her because she has these beautiful curves:

• [font=Arial]Advanced PD [/font]
  • [font=Arial]FD and EMS Station Combined[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Large interstate[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Multiple paths to get to destinations[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Large Suburbs, Industrial Area, and Main City Center[/font]
  • [font=Arial]Automatic Doors (Still a little squishy when they hit a player)[/font]
  • [font=Arial]FPS Over 9,000!!!!!![/font]

So, from an American Player’s point of view, please help us stay connected to the US Playerbase. It will not only bring new people in, but also give players a second server to go to when EU starts to get low due to timezone difference.

If you are interested in increasing LL’s playerbase and having the US Players get a ping lower than 100, join us on the US Rockford server, or try to populate it when it’s low.

US Rockford: 199.192.75.68:27015
I frankly don't even care about my ping, I'am from Tunisia and get 260+ ping on Rockford.
But the map is so much more interesting than V33, the FPS is much more smoother, it just is better.
Please revive this server.
You can expect me being on it from now on, because the 5fps on V33 simply won't cut it.
So you want to populate it right now?
(Jul 19, 2016, 02:09 AM)thefaketaco Wrote: [ -> ]So you want to populate it right now?

Preferably; now, tomorrow, furevur. Especially that the server is now threatened by getting closed down if it doesn't get enough player activity.
You do not need to join today, but the server needs to be out in consideration. After a good few months of US Rockford being abandoned by the team (myself included) it's time we attempt to get this server back on it's feet. It did great before the map's workshop links broke, so now we just need to get it back in the old cog of the LL Machine!
I'll join Rockford and LL when the team decides to fork out some cash on the side to pay a prominent Garry's Mod YouTuber to play on the server and actually bring in new American players again. Until that day comes, it'll be a hassle trying to convince those euros to get on and I'd rather not sit on an empty server
(Jul 19, 2016, 02:41 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]I'll join Rockford and LL when the team decides to fork out some cash on the side to pay a prominent Garry's Mod YouTuber to play on the server and actually bring in new American players again. Until that day comes, it'll be a hassle trying to convince those euros to get on and I'd rather not sit on an empty server

Who can we find that will play on an empty server?
We tried to populate it over and over again. Exspecially in the early days there where several attempts:
I tried to intiate 3 rather spontatinous events. Other people, groups and clans started their events.
The "16 Players are moving to Rockford Post".
Further Events some of them with a too low member count
Over all i more then prefer Rockford: Evo is a circle - each pursuit is a dead end, each hitchhiker just has to ask for a direction but not a location, a single scene could cause traffic to fall down for an entire district (leading to people braching through active rp scenes) criminals have less to hide, passive rp less buildings/facilitys/divers districs to evolve. I more then appreciate having enough houses and shops for everyone, a more diversified and declustered map etc.
There has seem to be some pretty immensive prejudice against Rockford, and probably some over all comfort (not downloading the additional content... sticking with the old and known ways)
The best would be to organise more events or... force this map for a day (changing both servers to rockford temporarly) This is probably the only way to get the vast majority of players into rockford. Those who still hesitate and those who never expierienced it as a filled/active map.
I admit that im not that excited to join a 6 men server just like anyone else. We gotta start it big and repetitive. Probably with force (temporarly short map changes) Large Events, Buidlgin/Photo Contest etc.
So briefly the most effective way i could see is:
- large scale rp events agressivly adverted on v33
- brief map changes (not nescessarly but would be an option)
- a rockford exclusive contest (a new photo or building contest could seriously raise some interest just through the discussion on the forum)
- promotional videos/rockford gameplay records
WE NEED TO GET ROCKFORD POPULATED NOW!

ANYONE THAT CAN GET ON ROCKFORD GET ON! LETS START A MOVEMENT
(Jul 19, 2016, 02:41 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]I'll join Rockford and LL when the team decides to fork out some cash on the side to pay a prominent Garry's Mod YouTuber to play on the server and actually bring in new American players again. Until that day comes, it'll be a hassle trying to convince those euros to get on and I'd rather not sit on an empty server

Money isn't an issue. As Soviet pointed out, who will play on an empty server? I'm in support of the US server and I do believe there is a use for it, but only if it provides activity to the community. We're happy to hire YouTubers for the purpose of advertisement, but we still need a set group of people to actually jump on to ensure the best possible video is recorded; we can begin working on this now, just as the team will take its own steps.

If anyone has any recommendations about who we should hire, feel free to send me a forum PM with the proposed YouTube channel.
(Jul 19, 2016, 03:41 AM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]

Money isn't an issue. As Soviet pointed out, who will play on an empty server? I'm in support of the US server and I do believe there is a use for it, but only if it provides activity to the community. We're happy to hire YouTubers for the purpose of advertisement, but we still need a set group of people to actually jump on to ensure the best possible video is recorded; we can begin working on this now, just as the team will take its own steps.

If anyone has any recommendations about who we should hire, feel free to send me a forum PM with the proposed YouTube channel.
i have a pretty solid youtube channel.

ME AND JARZ CAN DO A COLAB ??????
(Jul 19, 2016, 03:41 AM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]Money isn't an issue. As Soviet pointed out, who will play on an empty server? I'm in support of the US server and I do believe there is a use for it, but only if it provides activity to the community. We're happy to hire YouTubers for the purpose of advertisement, but we still need a set group of people to actually jump on to ensure the best possible video is recorded; we can begin working on this now, just as the team will take its own steps.

Sign me up. I would hapily participate in any rockord event. I still have exams and might not be able to spend too much time in gmod for the next few days but i could easily move my gmod activity to rockford only for the start. Probably we could start a post for people to actually enlist with an estimated playtime. This way it would be easier to calculate possible population spikes. Witha  higher chance of actually meeting people more people will look around. If not for the whole day then at least for the time listed.
Youtubers i could think of would be Devildoggamer or FirstThirtyMinutes, Jeff Favignano probably Stevethegamer55 a few more. All have done quite a few promos etc. in for roleplays: GTA LSPDFR, Altis Life and further Mods, other Gmod Servers quite a few new games..
Basicly search for LSPDFR and you could probably
Usually Police Rolplay is most effective for short time promo clips. Synchronised with a "absolutely spontanious"large scale passive event that should easily work out. Ive seen their promos for arma gta and gmod. And i have to admit that LL is pretty well positioned in comparison to servers, mods and games they endorsed before.
Gotta go to bed now (exam week:/) but yeah ill focus myself on rockford for now. Best luck and good night *_o XD
I have started a Rockford event. Part 1 has just ended, but this will be a day-by-day effected event. If you wish to participate, we have to have rockford populated everyday or atleast a little.
If people are on after i get off work, EXPECT ME TO BE THAR
The event went great, and during the time event took place we got some new members due to having players participating in the event. It was great to see it work and I think it'll attract more people if we continue this.
Pages: 1 2 3