Limelight Forums

Full Version: Mechanic Welding for REP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Title:
Mechanic Welding

Description:
Make the mechanics with a specific amount of General-REP be able to weld props to cars.

How should this be implemented?:
It already is in the game, but restricted for staff only.

Why?:
This would add a greater variety to RP's, such as:
1.) Making police vehicles and others able to push wrecks and debris out of the way.

2.) Greater ability to customize vehicles, for example making LimeLight taxis with L's on top of them, custom wings or company logos on the side
(like they did when building the monorail back on the other community).

4.) Custom armour onto military cars owned by clans.

5.) This would provide a great alternative to custom vehicles which are not allowed.

6.) It would bring back the popularity of the Mechanics that they once had.

7.) It would make Mechanics be able to tow cars.
(Get those tow truck suggestions squared away! Wink ) 

8.) It would add the ability to tune up even old cars like the Mustang.
I'm always sad to tell players that that car is unmoddable. Sad

Now I know that many of you are going to be mad at me for "posting another REP suggestion", but
trust me if we want to avoid abusing this (which could be easy), we need to restrict it somehow.
This would still make the tool available to a larger playerbase. Also if you'd need something welded to your car, you could just ask someone who surely knows the boundaries and limits as to what is allowed and realistic and what is not.
Ooo I don't know about this..

Maybe 2 REP + Donator?

Just to be sure because it can be heavily abused if it is in the wrong hands.

+Support if done right.
(Jul 18, 2016, 05:24 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]Ooo I don't know about this..

Maybe 2  REP + Donator?

+Support if done right.

I mean donating doesn't make someone better unfortunately. 1/2 REP's, but not more. We'll let the devs and staff decide which one.
+Support, however you should purchase a welding tool that costs alot.
(Jul 18, 2016, 05:31 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe 2  REP + Donator?

+Support if done right.

I mean donating doesn't make someone better unfortunately. 1/2 REP's, but not more. We'll let the admins decide which one.

Ofc it doesn't make anyone better but having new players just join, easily do some great mech rp and then abuse. 
Rather play it safe then sorry.
(Jul 18, 2016, 05:53 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 18, 2016, 05:31 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe 2  REP + Donator?

+Support if done right.

I mean donating doesn't make someone better unfortunately. 1/2 REP's, but not more. We'll let the admins decide which one.

Ofc it doesn't make anyone better but having new players just join, easily do some great mech rp and then abuse. 
Rather play it safe then sorry.

I guess.
I'll remain heavily neutral on this one as this has so much potential to be abused it's hard to think of a way of making sure this doesn't get abused all the time. A lot of people have 1 or 2 general REPs doesn't mean they're not minges so if this were to be implemented I'd say it'd have to be more Rarer/harder to obtain, maybe a crafting schematic requiring a lot of parts plus 2 REPs?

I don't know to be honest, I'm pretty torn on this.

Neutral

Also please add a neutral poll option
(Jul 18, 2016, 06:17 PM)Echo Wrote: [ -> ]I'll remain heavily neutral on this one as this has so much potential to be abused it's hard to think of a way of making sure this doesn't get abused all the time. A lot of people have 1 or 2 general REPs doesn't mean they're not minges so if this were to be implemented I'd say it'd have to be more Rarer/harder to obtain, maybe a crafting schematic requiring a lot of parts plus 2 REPs?

I don't know to be honest, I'm pretty torn on this.

Neutral

Also please add a neutral poll option

Most people told me that they're afraid of people CDMing and propkilling with these.
I believe that it could be easily seen or spotted prior to the rulebreaking if someone was to put a huge or unrealistic prop on his/her car.

I will add the option! Wink

EDIT: Or not. I cannot edit it afterwards it looks like.
Am going to -support it.

As much as the idea is a positive one, and can provide enhanced RP, there are certain props that simply shouldn't be welded to cars. As a moderator, I often get the requests to do so, and there's been a couple of situations that even in my position, I was unaware of certain props being prohibited to weld to cars. (Creates lag etc.)

I agree perhaps welding on trucks should be allowed with 1REP, but beyond that there's also very few situations in which it'd enhance.
lol 1 REP? try 10 Tongue

+Support
+support I only have 1 general and 1 gov rep so yeah I can do this
(Jul 18, 2016, 05:51 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]+Support, however you should purchase a welding tool that costs alot.

I'd go with max 10k. We need to still keep it luring/attractive. 10k would make it so you need to work for it, but you could get it under a day if you give time into it.
probaly something aroudn 3 reps with a additional rule: to consult an adminitrator or to only weld props froma small (expandable) list of approved pros... Sounds and probably is quite utopic but if there is any way of welding vehicles it could heavily impact some roleplay.
Mechanics could turn their raptors into tow trucks, ambulances could be equipped with working strectures more easily, people could use a sign as for a billboard truck... whatever
I do undertand the performance and possible abuse-problematic. What could be an alternative is allowing mechanics to rope-connect props or vehicles. This wouldnt do the same but could probably cause less performance issues (proof that i dont know anything about enginesXD) and would already be working out with those few ideas.
(Jul 19, 2016, 03:37 AM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]probaly something aroudn 3 reps with a additional rule: to consult an adminitrator or to only weld props froma small (expandable) list of approved pros... Sounds and probably is quite utopic but if there is any way of welding vehicles it could heavily impact some roleplay.
Mechanics could turn their raptors into tow trucks, ambulances could be equipped with working strectures more easily, people could use a sign as for a billboard truck... whatever
I do undertand the performance and possible abuse-problematic. What could be an alternative is allowing mechanics to rope-connect props or vehicles. This wouldnt do the same but could probably cause less performance issues (proof that i dont know anything about enginesXD) and would already be working out with those few ideas.

Yea, I'll stick with 1 REP. Thanks for the feedback tho!

Also isn't the whole point of it is to heavily impact roleplay? Just think about Evocity Highway Patrol with wings and other nice stuff!
-Support

This would be an extremely powerful tool, and could easily be stealthily abused. There are a number of people who have REP who do nothing but push the boundaries, and this would be a field day for them. I feel it is best to keep this on a staff approval basis in order to keep violations low.
Pages: 1 2 3 4