Limelight Forums

Full Version: Alternate Stat system:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The following suggestion is heavily a WIP, and the actual 'talents' are only placeholders for the most part:

This proposed system will give the player bonuses based on which path they choose, be it criminal, a clan centered or a police centered role. An example of what it may loosely be like it below:
[Image: cc23d8f6387f1954fc80432980a941ba.png]
(Note obviously the above is just an example, and the actual 'talents gained would need to be more thoughout.)

Players could gain credits to buy a slot of a particular path by either gaining 50 hours per credit, or perhaps 2REPs =1 credit. This would give a further incentive for people to roleplay, and increase the diversity of roleplay in the server too.

This other option for a stat based system is to do something such as: Run 1000km on the server and gain extra stamina. This system is flawed in my opinion as it would encourage players to not roleplay, but to sit and grind instead.

Anyway, what do you guys think about implementation of a similar system? The more credits you get, the better the rewards is. 

It'd obviously be a large job for developers to implement, as they'd also need to implement the content to go hand in hand with the system, however it could be something which could revolutionize the gamemode.
+Support but only if the cops get additional stamina/speed for sprinting.
+ support for hours and not REP. other gov and gov tree should be widened. merchant is too op and suck are some parts of criminal
Yeah, as I mentioned this is literally an idea, the actual specific details are just placeholders, and obviously there's large gaps. The aim is that a player would specialize down one route, meaning they gain advantages when they do their type of RP etc.
-Support

Shouldn't limit key RP tools for REPs. REPs grants players no advantage just like paying to be a member. Sure it gives them the tommy gun and 2 special gov vehicles, but those won't limit gameplay as much as this system would.
If lets players get more abusable 'tools' the more they progress with the server. It could also give them an incentive to roleplay, and incentive to be active, an incentive to not just sit in the city and be salty in OOC.

I personally disagree with your input there. If you have to limit RP temporarily in order to get (much) more RP across the board, would you not say it is worth it? And even then, the idea was more to have cool/exciting rewards to incentivise RP/activity, rather than having everything unlocked, having 0 progression on the server etc. There's a reason why many games have stats and achievements, and it's because it's quasi content, it keeps the player somewhat interested if implemented properly.
+ Support
-Support | Same as Soviet sayd. I really don't like this.
(Jul 16, 2016, 10:34 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]If lets players get more abusable 'tools' the more they progress with the server. It could also give them an incentive to roleplay, and incentive to be active, an incentive to not just sit in the city and be salty in OOC.

I personally disagree with your input there. If you have to limit RP temporarily in order to get (much) more RP across the board, would you not say it is worth it? And even then, the idea was more to have cool/exciting rewards to incentivise RP/activity, rather than having everything unlocked, having 0 progression on the server etc. There's a reason why many games have stats and achievements, and it's because it's quasi content, it keeps the player somewhat interested if implemented properly.

Offer items to make their IC account stand out such as passive pieces that can not give an advantage. Their could be a new player that is more experienced in RP than a 400 Hour player, but he has to be labeled a noobie because he doesn't have maxed out Merchant Perks. It would make more asslicking towards the "better" player. No one will talk to a player seen as a low level new guy.
+support
I think hours are a lot better the REP personally. Having to roleplay just to get rep? I could do a 5 hour roleplay and most likely not get a REP, hence why I don't do much passiverp anymore. Having hours are a lot better and maybe adding EXP would be a better approach? Cutting wood, contraband etc gives you exp. When a government official destroys contraband, it will give EXP.

Having hours? Well it could be done but the amount of people who could sit there afk farming hours.

I mean, I love the idea but it will need to be thought out well..

+Support for now.
+ Support

I think it should be every 50-100 hours you get one credit and the 2 REPs = 1 credit I agree with.
Something like this, but not exactly this.
As Soviet said, giving players unfair advantages due to their playtime/REP count doesn't make for happy players.

I like the idea of perks.
What they do in the Sims is they have 'Lifetime Points', which are rewarded by completing wishes. Small wishes like 'feed the cat' may give 500 points, whilst 'have a baby' is 5000. These then accumulate and you can buy special objects/perks with it.
Some are more expensive: the ability to teleport is something like, 100,000. But maybe being able to 'cash in' your points or playtime (Here's 10 points for reaching 100 hours on our servers!) and choosing what gains you get could make it fairer.
Quote: Wrote:[...] however this is an important feature that we need in an RPG. People want the idea that they are doing things not just because they have to but because they are leveling up. People don't play Pokemon GO because it is fun, they want to catch them all. The same idea applies to every game, especially MMORPG's and such. Having the ability to level up certain skills and access new equipment is something that will draw people into the game-mode and make it more interesting. You have to make it so that there is a long road of progress that can be made and not simply leveling all the way up after a few days of hard work.

The server really needs something like this. It will need some internal refinement and discussion, but nontheless +Support.
Move to Popular
Pages: 1 2