Limelight Forums

Full Version: Nerf the Shotgun (Part 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion: In-Game

In Detail Explain Your Suggestion: Now, I ain't gonna sugar coat it. I'm pissed. ROYALLY PISSED. My jimmies are rustled to levels of unfathomable proportions. Yes, I am talking about getting one shot....with a Shotgun.....from longer than logical distances. Ok, so here is the problem with the shotgun at the moment: 

Instead of doing this at medium to long range:
**Makes cones shape with fingers**

It does this:
**Takes a watermelon and slams his finger through it and out the other end in a completely straight line**
**Picks up the watermelon**

Last time I checked, buckshot does NOT act like a Slug round. Now I can see this damage being ok to a certain extent in CQC, but really? Getting sniped with a shotgun from long distances? That doesn't seem very logical to me. Although some people may say:

"But it's balanced! Police get it for $700 and Criminals get it, so how is it OP???!?!?!?!?" 
**Pats Little Bobby's head** "Let me tell ya' sport."
**Slaps Little Bobby** "NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO USE AN OP WEAPON BOBBY!!!! SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO HAVE THE OTHER FACTION IN A FIREFIGHT HAVE A DECENT CHANCE FOR FUN!!!!"
**coughs**
"Excuse me."

Well, I am sure you get the point. Lower the damage as range increases. **wipes the sweat off his brow**

How Should the Developers Add This? If I knew how to code, I would've fixed this shit by now so....um...develop it into the game or some shit? I don't know, this question's pointless.

Why Should This Be Implemented? So not every faction is using one gun and that we can keep weapon variety. It's not a hard thing to do. Some people like to use the AR-15, AK-101, Mac 10, MP5, G36C, but no one can really win a firefight without a shotgun that has to be filled with a fucking Plutonium Bomb in every shell.
+Support

Ive seen some pretty wierd firefights with these things
+support I like the scar-h
+ support
+ Support, it's currently one hit headshot long range /w ceramic
+Support, just reduce the range.
+ Support

11/10 would poke holes in watermelons again
- IGN
+support

As much as I like the police getting really good weapons to combat the criminals, the shotgun completely overshadows most other weapons in the gamemode.
+Support

The shotgun isn't a sniper..
(Jul 6, 2016, 02:05 PM)L=I²=Am³ Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

tbf I watched someone shoot a 50 caliber bullet from a shotgun once
(Jul 6, 2016, 05:10 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm pretty sure we don't have those modifications on LL.
+Support, finaly this thread.
(Jul 6, 2016, 05:24 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

real life kid
Just increase the spread something insanely so it's piss-poor at range but still really good at close range.

+Support
(Jul 6, 2016, 11:10 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 6, 2016, 05:24 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

real life kid

And this isn't real life. In real life, suspects aren't teleported to prison and not given a trial. Stick to the topic and add your +Support or -Support with reasoning.
Pages: 1 2