Limelight Forums

Full Version: Make clan models accessible by members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> In Game

In detail, explain your suggestion: As it currently stands, if you have a clan and a clan model, only an admin can change it for you, which (if you are the only member on and wanting to do some RP) can get a bit annoying, and this is speaking from experience within my clan. What I propose is that the Developers add a command like /clanmodel <>, or perhaps make the item useable, like a suit, but instead of whitelisting it for donators, instead whitelist it for members of the clan. Granted, this may seem like a small change, but it would drastically approve clan RP if there is no admin on to change your playermodel. Although, I believe it to be up to the discretion of the clan leaders to choose who has access, perhaps in a way that the clan leader chooses who to whitelist for their models, so that people who are not fully trusted within their clans don't have access to the clan models and can't minge about/ give the clan a bad name.

How should the developers add this? (BE DETAILED WITH EVERYTHING!) The developers should add this by implementing another command, like the /skin command, but for Clan Models, i.e /clanmodel <>, or /clanskin <>. From my understanding, the models are already within the game mode and files, and therefore it should (hopefully) be as simple as adding a new suit/skin to that marketplace, or the /skin command, for Civilians. Overall, I'm not sure what language you use within the game mode, so I can't go into anymore detail than this.
EDIT - If clans have more than one model (i.e Aeris), then the /clanmodel <> command would be much more beneficial, as that gives the member the opportunity to choose which model they would like.

Why should this be implemented? This should be implemented so that if people want to clan RP then they can, without having the restrictions of having an admin need to change your playermodel (if you clan has one) every time you want to do ClanRP. This not only frees up requests of the admins somewhat, but also would give players the freedom to change into their clan model whenever they want to. This also gives them a chance to give themselves a bad name, or change their standings within the news/community, as if they went about doing crime within their clan's outfit, it would give them a bad name, but if they saved the president, they would be seen as heroes. Its also technically harmless, as these models give no damage buffs, or damage taken decreases, as at the end of the day, they are only a model which can benefit their clan's RP for the better, or for worse, depending on how they use it.
Pretty sure this was already suggested.

+Support
+Support this can also help with user created clans that have their own skin but cant put it on because an admin isn't on.
+ Support but aslong as people can't just wear the suit because "It looks good also in criminal rp"
+ Support
+Support
+support
+Support, was going to do exactly this as suggestion.
+Support
+support
+support
+Support however, I feel like the clan leader should be able to set permissions for this. (Give a certain rank in the clan access to set his and other clan members skins. )

Edit: This has already been suggested here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=8769
-Bump-
I know this can be done in like well under a hour.

+Support
-bump.-
Pages: 1 2