Limelight Forums

Full Version: Improved Fishing System(and more fish!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for Ingame

In detail, explain your suggestion:
For the last two to three months, I have been playing an MMO known as Black Desert Online. It's a fairly addictive MMO, which tends to play out like a fantasty version of EVE Online. One thing which I found that I love about this MMO though, is how the fishing system is done.

You see in Black Desert Online, two types of fishing exist: Manual fishing and AFK fishing.

With manual fishing, the player starts by winding up an energy bar to toss their fishing line into the water. This uses more stamina/energy depending on how high the player wants to go, with the higher energy tending to reward the player with rare/large fish. When a fish hits your line, the player is greeted with a bar which has red and green lines. In order to set the hook on the fish, the player must hit the green bar by clicking Space. If the player misses and hits red, they'll miss the fish and have to set their line out again. If the player does manage to hit green however, they are instantly prompted with a string of keys that they must press in order to catch the fish.

As the fish are based on a ranking system, the larger the fish, the larger the keystring.

One example of this in play would be the following:

Player A hooks a Common Fish... Prompt is : W > A >S > D

Player B hooks a Uncommon Fish... Prompt is: W > A > S > D > S > A

And so on, and so forth. Rare fish tend to equal more money, as they are used in higher quality food recipes.

What I figure, is this fishing system could be implemented onto the server, alongside with different types of fish, which would range in hunger. With common fish only restoring 10% to 20% hunger, while rare fish will restore 60% to 80% hunger and give the player a small stat boost on the SWEPs, perhaps the player could also be rewarded with a random item after catching a rare fish.

Another aspect of this system is that fishing areas are done in such a way where random areas are better fishing spots compared to others.  This happens as already stated, at random. It cycles through out the day, and also depends on the weather sometimes.

With all this in mind though, you may have one question in mind: What about that AFK fishing thing you talked about? Pretty simple really! You toss your line into the water, and minimize Black Desert and do something else while your character goes fishing. Compared to the manual fishing system which can grant about 1 fish per 2.5 minutes, AFK fishing is usually more 1 fish per 6 minutes. So it's far more profitable to stay and not AFK fish, but most people still do in that game as they sometimes just leave the system running while they go do something else.

How should the developers add this? (BE DETAILED WITH EVERYTHING!)
https://youtu.be/5P0_bB66jk0

By looking at this system and cross-referencing the post, it should be fairly easy to understand what I'm getting at. If not, I'll answer whatever questions come up.

Why should this be implemented?

Deals with a lot of issues relating to possible AFK exploits, and also makes fishing a far more interactive system instead of simply sitting on the dock and lightly pulling up your rod when you have a fish on the end of your line.
+support
+Support
Poll Added.

Please add your Support as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Moved to Popular
+support
+Support
Pushing for Staff Review.
Approved.
done yes