Limelight Forums

Full Version: Fire System / Fire Department
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for In-game 

In detail:
Hey there people of Limelight gaming !
A few years back i used to play Garrysmod alot, i know here we go with the long story.. Sorry ill keep it short! Wink 

Back then there was this fire system that let the fire spread once the fire has started, it did really keep fire fighter bussy and i do think that is a key part of being a firefighter in here aswell ! Sleepy 

Soo, i went out on the marked to see if i could find a good working fire system and here we are, i really did find a great working one from the so called PERP that existed a few years back, you might not know it, but back then it was heaven.  Angel 

Imagine a fire with actual smoke ! that's what you get here, i'm not really sure if this follow but i do know you can get a fire hose, so as long as your in distance of your fire truck you will be able to use water to close up the fire, that is just love at first sight right ?

Why should it be implemented? 
This addon should be added because it does really increase the RP as for the Fire Department and the use of a Fire Alarm is more important, Fire's must not shut it self down for at least 10 minutes, in that way there actually is a need for the fire department unlike now.. 

I've seen there should be fire spreading on the server but it does not quite seem to work, so why not test this one ?

Link:
Here's a link for it, it does come with alot of features aswell.
https://scriptfodder.com/scripts/view/30...ire-system

I do hope the users of Limelight think this is a great idea and keep up the good work!
Community is key - Players - Administrators - Working together  Heart
Use a template ya hear, sonny jim.
Gotcha mate.
+support Tongue
+Support This is very good suggestion!
+ support not nescessarly sure wether such a script coud have some glitches or unwanted sideffects (you dont want entire dtm or mainstreet to burng down for a car) but over all its a good idea and anyunwanted side effect could probably be delt with/modified.
+Support
+Support
+Support
(May 23, 2016, 01:41 PM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]+ support  not nescessarly sure wether such a script coud have some glitches or unwanted sideffects (you dont want entire dtm or mainstreet to burng down for a car)  but over all its a good idea and anyunwanted side effect could probably be delt with/modified.

I do know it might have an unwanted side-effect, but contra all the great stuff that comes with it, i would go for it anyway. You must remember this has been on some of the biggest servers of all time and there wasn't unwanted effect.
This will always keep firefighter busy, therefore the job wont be empty almost.  Rolleyes  
I know i might be dreaming but still, totally worth it.
Of course I +support this. Feels like this has been suggested or tested before... Not sure what came of it. Either way, I'd like to see it happen.
+Support
As far as I can tell, this script doesn't really add anything new.

We already have practically everything in the script, except for smoke, which is disabled for fps reasons.

Using the fire script provided would actually make our fire less interesting - the fire there focuses purely on damage, whereas our fire also takes into account stamina and oxygen, and has different danger zones. Our fires do spread, but this is kept to a minimum right now as we're looking to make each individual fire more dangerous, rather than just spamming fire entities around the map, which is just poor optimization.

Once more fps testing has been done, I could enable fire smoke, but given how 33x already leads to low fps we don't want to overdo it.
(May 23, 2016, 07:07 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I can tell, this script doesn't really add anything new.

We already have practically everything in the script, except for smoke, which is disabled for fps reasons.

Using the fire script provided would actually make our fire less interesting - the fire there focuses purely on damage, whereas our fire also takes into account stamina and oxygen, and has different danger zones. Our fires do spread, but this is kept to a minimum right now as we're looking to make each individual fire more dangerous, rather than just spamming fire entities around the map, which is just poor optimization.

Once more fps testing has been done, I could enable fire smoke, but given how 33x already leads to low fps we don't want to overdo it.

Heard ! What about adding some kind of Fire Hose that works within an area of the firetruck then?
and how long do you think it will take before we see those bigger fires in Lime Light ? I do understand how to system at the moment works but it does kinda seem boring for the fire fighters as they're only kept busy for 2 minutes within half an hour.  Undecided
Thanks in advanced.
+ Support
Pages: 1 2