Limelight Forums

Full Version: Car Explosions - Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:

Change the way car explosions work.

Reason:

Currently, car explosions are a complete nuisance. They often ruin the experience on the server because they are happening so frequently. You can explode when driving slow or simply being hit from another vehicle and this results in the driver(s) and sometimes passengers being injured or killed. Police can't even run into the back of a vehicle because they face the extremely high risk of causing an explosion that would kill both drivers, this definitely being the case with the RV and how people abuse it to slam on their brakes. This in itself is unrealistic as vehicles do not explode on collision unless the accident was at an extremely high speed or involved an older vehicle. 

1. It is completely unrealistic to have so many car explosions going on around the city. It's like the end of the world sometimes when the server is full and people are accidentally hitting stop signs and trees. Cars don't explode in collisions.

2. It has a big impact on RP and often ruins it, because when you are doing an RP and die because of a car explosion, you lose the information your character had. 

There can be a solution.

The Change

Instead of just having a system where you explode if you hit something when you're going a certain speed, have it based on a % chance. I shouldn't have to fear that every time my vehicle HP hits 0 in a collision that I am going to die. What is the point of having a Mechanic if we are going to die when our vehicle is totaled? If anything, having it so you instead leave the vehicle and become Unconscious would be a better system, making it so you wakeup after a certain time and regain consciousness.
+ Support
+/- Support ....maybe if the car reaches zero.....the car could start leaking fluids (petrol, oil etc) and theres a chance that loose wiring sparks it.....but it gives occupants some time to leave the area.....if they area able to.
+Support
+support
+ Support
+Support
As it stands right now, vehicle explosions are about 98% of the firefighter's job. And even so, there are times when we just sit around the station waiting for the next vehicle impact. If we now have a much lesser chance of that happening, it would make this job even more boring for the average player.

As such, until there is a better fire system in place, with a greater variety available. I will have to say -support on this one.
(May 23, 2016, 04:01 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]As it stands right now, vehicle explosions are about 98% of the firefighter's job.  And even so, there are times when we just sit around the station waiting for the next vehicle impact.  If we now have a much lesser chance of that happening, it would make this job even more boring for the average player.

As such, until there is a better fire system in place, with a greater variety available.  I will have to say -support on this one.
(May 23, 2016, 04:01 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]As it stands right now, vehicle explosions are about 98% of the firefighter's job.  And even so, there are times when we just sit around the station waiting for the next vehicle impact.  If we now have a much lesser chance of that happening, it would make this job even more boring for the average player.

As such, until there is a better fire system in place, with a greater variety available.  I will have to say -support on this one.

As mentioned in the thread, this is less about the explosion and rather the fact that you die when the vehicle explodes. 

I'm simply saying that it is unrealistic and problematic that every time a vehicle impacts with the world or another vehicle, the driver(s) are left injured or simply killed from impact. I proposed the idea that instead that would be something that happens way less frequently and instead have it so that when your vehicle explodes, you will simply become Unconscious and will wake up after a certain period of time. The reason behind this is because often vehicle crashes are hard to avoid and they tend to ruin many RP experiences. For example, your character could have been developing a story and have all this information IC and then lose it all because some idiot decided to turn a blind corner fast or they were lagging and accidentally hit a tree going 35mph. However this suggestion does also mean we need to reduce vehicle explosions as it is unrealistic. Instead, I'd suggest making suggestions on alternative ways fires can start.
Alright, well as long as it wouldn't be killing the career of the firefighter or medic. I can +support this.

Overall I do agree it is unrealistic. Vehicle fires are very rare in real life, and with the use of seat belts, having drivers flung across the street dead is also fairly rare unless it was a high-speed collision.

So, until there is a better fire system out there, I'd say have the explosion, have a medic required to heal the driver/passengers, but hold off on the instant death unless the crash occurred while the vehicle was a maximum speed.
I think vehicle explosions are ridiculous, since car engines aren't made of TNT.

+support
+Support
+ Support
+Support
Pages: 1 2