Limelight Forums

Full Version: Disable medkits during shootouts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game>

In detail, explain your suggestion: Disable/make it harder to use medkits during shootouts. 
Even if it would be done by making a "shootout-zone" that you get for 30 secs when someone/you shoots inside a radius, completely disabling it, or making it like a suit, that you would have to stand still for an amount of time to use it. Replace it with bandages so you actually have a reason to use time when applying it.

Why should this be implemented?

I have been in numerous shootouts where "the other team" has a bind on the medkit. 
This results in them getting immortal, as they can just tap a button and hide for a short amount of time, while they regenerate health%.

I would go as far to say that it's failRP, as you wouldn't have the time to apply bandages or finding veins and injecting "a miracle cure" during a shootout when someone is 10 meters away shooting at the car you are crouching behind.

That's why I think that replacing medkit with bandages and create a 10-15-sec applying-time would be better for those who don't buy and bind medkits, like me forexample. :- ) And make it more realistic and at times - less unfair.
+Support for 10-15sec applying time
Its not exactly true that you wouldn't have time to wrap your arm in bandage wrap or whatever while you were hiding especially if you were with a team and to make it so that you couldn't apply in a shootout zone wouldn't work well because it would mean that in a quite large radius no one would be able to apply bandages... I think it should be if the player has used a weapon in the past.. I dont know... 20 seconds? that player couldnt use them to save everyone around that may have hit crossfire or whatever from not being able to use them..
Healing stops as soon as you get damaged.

-Support
- Support the old system was like this where it would take ___ seconds before it would apply
(May 20, 2016, 10:31 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]- Support the old system was like this where it would take ___ seconds before it would apply

And what was wrong with it, why did it get removed?
(May 21, 2016, 02:11 PM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 20, 2016, 10:31 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]- Support the old system was like this where it would take ___ seconds before it would apply

And what was wrong with it, why did it get removed?

Ended up where people could stack medkits and they would work after I think 30 secs, so In the end you could just stack em, count to around 27 and run straight into 10 guys and still surrive
Oh, I might misunderstand you now, but I meant that you had to stand still for 10-15 secs for it to apply, as with suits. That would've taken away the opportunity to stack them and run at 27? Smile
Ah my bad. So it would be the same system but you would have to stand still? I think just a 3sec delay
Yeah or atleast some kind of mechanism that makes people think twice before popping medkits in the middle of a shootout. Say stand still for 5-10 sec then some seconds before it slowly starts working or something, hehe.
-support Willy , use a shotgun!
(May 22, 2016, 11:42 AM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]-support Willy , use a shotgun!

How is that shotgun going to help me with the medkit-issue?

That behind-the-car was just one of hundred examples.
doing this will make it harder for some people to make money as first aid kits may lose some value
Yeah well I don't know, I guess doctors earn shitload on steroids already.

Another thought: 10sec applying time = instant 20-30%hp? Wouldn't make it too bad and not too easy either, as 10 seconds would be alot when it comes to flanking in a shotout.
(May 23, 2016, 10:56 AM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah well I don't know, I guess doctors earn shitload on steroids already.

Another thought: 10sec applying time = instant 20-30%hp? Wouldn't make it too bad and not too easy either, as 10 seconds would be alot when it comes to flanking in a shotout.

System is balanced, If someone uses a medkit, he gets healed until he gets shot. If you see someone healing himself rush him. I would support that the current system also cancels the healing if you shot too.
Pages: 1 2