Limelight Forums

Full Version: Bot auto-tags steamIDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> 
Forum

In detail, explain your suggestion: 
Recently I made a discussions thread regarding peoples opinions on the newly introduced bot. I personally, at the stage its currently in find it a bit useless. 

With this in mind, I'd like to suggest that the bot auto detects SteamID's in posts and threads which allows people to be tagged. A good example of this would be in a player report. 
It can also be used on other topics, such as bug reports and just general posting. It will give the bot some meaning other than to simply post the same message over again.

For example;

Why should this be implemented?
Because it allows accused players and other such threads for people to reply in. I believe it will make it easier for staff and players and it makes the bot actually a lot more useful. 
You can see the original thread here
You may say; "Oh. This will be hard to code". I'm not sure, I don't know how bots or anything work, but if its as easy as  CTRL + F and finding anything that begins with "STEAM_0:0", then I think it should be too hard. Try it! 
Thank you for your suggestion, Chicken Coup!

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, expect some nice feedback from our community.
+Support
(May 19, 2016, 06:46 PM)Limelight Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your suggestion, Chicken Coup!

Even the bot is liking the idea!
(May 19, 2016, 06:56 PM)Chicken Coup Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 19, 2016, 06:46 PM)Limelight Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your suggestion, Chicken Coup!

Big Grin  Approved and will be added within the next hours

I'll bind this to the alert system. Once tagged, the bot will filter those steamids and send an alert to those people.
(May 19, 2016, 07:16 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 19, 2016, 06:56 PM)Chicken Coup Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin  Approved and will be added within the next hours

I'll bind this to the alert system. Once tagged, the bot will filter those steamids and send an alert to those people.

That's fantastic! Will the forums users have to input their SteamID's to the forum for it to be able to find the correct forum user? 
Cool
If you linked your steam account to forums it should work I believe.
Just simply target the SteamID and how ever they have set it up in the DB, just look for the Forum username which corresponds to the SteamID then use the alert system.
Why do we have if it does nothing then?