Limelight Forums

Full Version: Chat Commands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that when I first joined, I found it very hard to actually do anything as I had to run around asking in IC how to use OOC and so forth. So I thought i'd make a little guide with the commands, what they are and what they do overall. Also what the symbols mean next to people's name.

Chat commands:

OOC | //Example | That would result in you saying Example in OOC. Everyone in the server can see this.
[Image: 6ef114f43e585b67f3886ecd5af9333d.png]

LOOC | .//Example | That would result in you saying Example in LOOC. Only people near you can see this.
[Image: 5cfb8f82098a2363261aee1efbc8ee74.png]

Private Radio | /pradio Example | This would result in you saying Example in the private radio. You can set your private radio frequency by using /frequency xx.x and you can tell friends to use the same frequency to talk with them using pradio.
[Image: fe6a4dac4c715ff201409cfad34d802e.png]

Clan Radio | /cradio Example | This would result in your saying Example in your clan radio. You can create clans using the clan tab in the F1 menu.
 [Image: 113381c7401a367319307e2eb7bbed65.png]

Private Message | /pm Enzim Example | This would result in you sending Enzim a private message with the word Example. You can also replace their name with their ID which you can find in the leaderboard.
[Image: 3fe37b85868efe034f5a0647c52cf5a1.png]
[Image: cc87562da3047a445bf615e3df6e4e5e.png]

Reply | /r Example | This would result in you sending a reply to the last person who private messaged you. e.g if Enzim sent me a PM and I typed /r Ohai it would make me send a PM including Ohai to Enzim.

Broadcast | /broadcast Example | This is limited to President and Vice President, and results in you sending a message [in character] that the entire server can see.
[Image: 68c3393273d2c9bd910f61d5cc5a5b2b.png]

Yell | /y Example | This is an in-character command that is the same as your usual say but allows for people to see/hear it from further away.
[Image: 0b0dfc08a6a1bccac90d6f90ac1973d0.png]

Whisper | /w Example | This is an in-character command that is the same as your usual say but only allows for people very close to you to see/hear it.
[Image: b17acb4d0e37d81665fcc500b66fdcef.png]

Emotes for your character | /me and /it | These are ways that you can use text to describe what your character does. For example, if I did /me slaps Daley it would come up as *NAMEHERE slaps Daley* so this is used to describe yourself. If you want to describe what something else is doing, such as a TV, you would use /it. For example, if I used /it The TV shows a program of the wild Daley in his natural habitat it would come up as ** The TV shows a program of the wild Daley in his natural habitat**
[Image: ceb1d2c88021bdbce31478232cf52a65.png][Image: 799263f36bb84b7a36384e6e25531ab0.png]

Holster | /holster | This results in you holstering your current equipped item. If I equip a Woodcutter's Axe and type /holster while I have it selected, it will put it back into my inventory after a short period of time.
[[Insert screenshot of the text that shows up when holstered]]

Disarm | /disarm | This is basically holster but it also puts your ammo [if unused] back into your inventory and any modifications [if applicable] but takes 45 seconds and you cannot move while using /disarm.
[[insert example of text that pops up after 45s]]

Sleep and Wakeup | /sleep and /wakeup | The command /sleep will ragdoll your body after 10 seconds and the command /wakeup will unragdoll you.

Giving other people money | /givemoney and /dropmoney | The command /givemoney X will give whoever you are looking at X amount of money whereas the command /dropmoney X will drop a money prop wherever you are looking that will give whoever picks it up X amount of money.

Sitting | /sit | Some props and benches around the map can be sat on by looking at the ledge where you want to sit and typing /sit. You can get up by pressing E.

Demoting | /demote ID REASON | You can use this, if you are the Police Sgt, SWAT Sgt, VP or President to demote people within your force. Make sure to provide your reason!

Request | /request Example | This will send a request to the government with whatever information you included. Don't forget that if you use this if you have a gun to your head, everyone around you will see that you made a request!

Adverts | /advert Example | This will make an advert, which everyone can see, but will cost you $250 ingame money. This is in-character.
[[ins examp]]

Panic and Backup | /panic and /backup | You can use these as a govt. to request backup to your location. It will automatically pop up in the radio with your location.
[[ins examp]]

Pursuit | /pursuit | While looking at a vehicle, as a govt, you will make a popup in radio that you are chasing [MAKE OF CAR] with the plates [INSERT LICENSE PLATE] at [INSERT LOCATION.]
[[ins examp]]

Engine | /engine on or /engine off | This can turn your car's engine on or off. If it is off, you cannot drive whatsoever until you turn it back on.
[[ins examp]]

Evoradio | /evoradio on or /evoradio off | If you are in a car, you can toggle the live radio ran by our very own DJs! You can also use /evoradio settings to bring up the settings GUI.
[[ins examp + evoradio threads]]

Flip | /flip | If your car is upside-down, use this command to flip it back up!

Content packs | /content | This will open a window in the steam browser to where you can subscribe to our server content from the workshop.

Roll a random number | /roll 10 | The command /roll 10 would give me a random number from 1 to 10. /Roll 20 would give me a number from 1-20 and so forth.

Cruise control | /cruise | You can set cruise control, providing you bought it from the Market, with two commands. For example, /cruise 15 would set the cruise control to 15MPH and /cruise settings would open the settings GUI.

PLAYER SYMBOLS:

Player | This is the default icon given to anyone who does not fall applicable to any of the other icons. [Image: user.png]

Donator | This is given to anyone who is an active donator and is a loveheart. [Image: heart.png]

Teacher | These are people who take their time to answer your questions, you can send them a question ingame using /help INSERT QUESTION HERE. [Image: lightbulb.png]

Contributor | This is given to people who contribute to Limelight and it's development by providing things such as codes, models and etc. [Image: application_osx_terminal.png]

Developer | These are people who actively work behind the scenes for Limelight and produce it's many updates. They have a wrench as their icon. [Image: bullet_wrench.png]

Moderator | These are people handpicked by the staff team to see if they are worthy of becoming full-fledged administrators. They use the tag [L²:M]. [Image: emoticon_smile.png]

Administrator | These are people who enforce rules on the servers, usually people who are entrusted with more power after undergoing their trial as a moderator. They have the tag [L²]. [Image: star.png]

Supervising Administrator | These are the people that supervise the staff team, hence the name, and are the rank above administrators. They use the same tag of [L²] but have a different icon. [Image: shield.png]

You can find information about contributors at https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=7200

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll update this as I remember more commands. Feel free to PM me on the forums if I forgot any, or if I made any mistakes. Thanks.
Great guide for beginners! Keep up the good work!
Nice. Good Job Corgi
Great guide. Good work Corgi!
Thread moved and stuck.
I should probably update this.
yes you should.
Corgi,also the icon for SA and Owner is the same (Update it plz)
i don't know what parts to update now.
(Jul 12, 2016, 07:57 PM)ExorbitantCorgi Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know what parts to update now.

New commands such as /teamleader /vcmod /policedb /countdown etc
Teacher symbol has also been changed.
Outdated guide. A new one has been created and can be viewed here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-12262.html

Closed and moved to archive.

Lord Octagon
Limelight Community Teacher