Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: What is your name? Cooli

Ban ID: What is your Ban ID(this isn't your SteamID)? 2793

Banned by: Who issued the ban? Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][L²] Theo[/font]

Server: Which server did it happen on, V33X or Rockford? V33X

Ban Reason: What was the exact reason for the ban? [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Disconnecting to avoid arrest[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?: Why do you think you deserve/should be unbanned? I was being arrested earlier, but I escaped because someone killed the cop, I started running but then the exact same cop comes to arrest me, so I disconnected. The reason I did this is because admins never respond to someone randomly arresting, because it has to be dealth with IC. And I simply didnt want to be in jail again for 10 minutes when I shouldnt be.

Evidence: Put anything here that would support your claims like a video or pictures. Logs, I guess. Maybe Theo's perspective as well.
Quote:Do not post an unban request if:

- You know you broke the rules
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=4843

You broke the rules by DCing to avoid arrest as the ban implies. If you don't want to go to jail again, then it doesn't help DCing because you will end up banned as you did.
Just to add, there was a reason for the arrest. Random Arrest means a player arrests you for no reason, but your arrest warrant was given a reason. Guilty or not, it is a valid arrest, so deal with the arrest in character by talking to his superior or taking "other methods" to deal with him.
He had just died and instantly walked back to me, he broke NLR and couldnt know I had an arrest warrant by just walking up to me and trying to arrest me.
(May 3, 2016, 07:54 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Do not post an unban request if:

- You know you broke the rules
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=4843

You broke the rules by DCing to avoid arrest as the ban implies. If you don't want to go to jail again, then it doesn't help DCing because you will end up banned as you did.
Can my ban time at least be reduced, all the people that are banned for my reason have only gotten one day.
(May 3, 2016, 08:54 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]Can my ban time at least be reduced, all the people that are banned for my reason have only gotten one day.

Enzyme and Soviethooves have pretty much covered the first part of the UBR, and now it comes to this question. And the answer is "no". I normally give out a day ban for such offence to people below 40 hours, 2 days from 41-100, and 3+ days from 100+ (and it just becomes flexible after that). You have 170 hours on the server and you should know better. If the person broke NLR, which I didn't receive any notice about, you could have brought that up and made a case about that. But instead, you chose to disconnect to avoid being arrested. I am going to enforce this main point If someone breaks the rules, that doesn't give you any right to break them yourself. If you had made an "This man is arresting me for NLR-related reasons and is therefore breaking NLR by doing so" I would have responded. But you didn't make a single call to my memory, and instead decided to take matters into your own hands.

Final Verdict

Denied

Closing notes (the tl;dr)

Cooli knew he broke the rules and decided to post an UBR anyway, ban length was justified given amount of hours played, and just because someone breaks the rules in your eyes, doesn't mean you can break them yourself.