Limelight Forums

Full Version: PC Specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What PC specs do you need to run limelight on 60+ fps with all settings on high, because im thinking of building a gaming pc but want to know, which specs I need to run it smoothly.

Many Thanks,

W1zardo
That's such a hard list to achieve with a decent price, whats your budget? I have a 1500$ Rig and I still drop to 19 fps when theres over 20 people in the city(with the nexus in sight)
Right you need :
Intel i7 extreme edition
3x Titans black all in SLI
64gb of ram
Asus rampage motherboard
Gigabit internet connection

All mounting to a grand total of £ A shit ton
r/pcmasterrace has a few great builds for different budgets: https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

However, keep in mind that GMod uses and old game engine where a top of the line PC might only run at 30fps on some servers.
If you want 60fps - good luck.

The most you can achieve is not crashing, which doesn't really take a good PC anyway. I have a 1 year old PC right now which cost me £1000. Before that, I was using a shitbox from about 6 years ago, and the frame improvement from the old PC to the new one is about 7fps, albeit my game doesn't crash anymore. If you're gonna build an expensive gaming PC, it better be for other purposes than just gmod, or there's not really any point at all considering the old engine and lazily put together maps and addon support.
Lel, you better contact NASA to build a super computer for you to run limelight at 60 fps... at least on this shitty maps Smile

If you would want to run V2D at 60 fps, you would only need a 400€ PC like mine, and also 60 fps on GTA V ultra...

Well, now cry and flame as much as you want, but V2D is playable. V33x its not. You guys dont want to admit it, but you know its true, well, the amount of player lime had and have now, explains it. 

Of course the rage comments will come, cry babies, warnings to get banned on foruns because  "talking the truth about 33x and rockford is banable", but you cant deny the facts.

You have the freaking best administration team, the best developers, the best comunnity, the best servers, the god good damn ideas! BUT you fail on the maps... i cannot understand why!

I remenber the time of v2d FULL , every single day, always waiting to get inside the server.
(May 1, 2016, 03:37 PM)Clementio Wrote: [ -> ]Lel, you better contact NASA to build a super computer for you to run limelight at 60 fps... at least on this shitty maps Smile

If you would want to run V2D at 60 fps, you would only need a 400€ PC like mine, and also 60 fps on GTA V ultra...

Well, now cry and flame as much as you want, but V2D is playable. V33x its not. You guys dont want to admit it, but you know its true, well, the amount of player lime had and have now, explains it. 

Of course the rage comments will come, cry babies, warnings to get banned on foruns because  "talking the truth about 33x and rockford is banable", but you cant deny the facts.

You have the freaking best administration team, the best developers, the best comunnity, the best servers, the god good damn ideas! BUT you fail on the maps... i cannot understand why!

I remenber the time of v2d FULL , every single day, always waiting to get inside the server.

GTA V on Ultra on a 400€ PC? As in 1080p or higher, highest AA, tessellation, shadows, reflections (+reflection AA), extended view distance?

I doubt that very much, pls post specs.
Even with the best computer on the world you will not achieve a good 60fps, this is due to the engine not being able to utilize the power of the computer.
You need a NASA computer.. Buy one here: Ebay

Is it not an option to make a suggestion to change the map to V2
(May 2, 2016, 03:29 PM)GRiiM Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 1, 2016, 03:37 PM)Clementio Wrote: [ -> ]Lel, you better contact NASA to build a super computer for you to run limelight at 60 fps... at least on this shitty maps Smile

GTA V on Ultra on a 400€ PC? As in 1080p or higher, highest AA, tessellation, shadows, reflections (+reflection AA), extended view distance?

You doubt? Your problem Wink

Go play v33x bro, and have fun.
(May 2, 2016, 09:26 PM)M4gic W1zardo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it not an option to make a suggestion to change the map to V2

Well, so stop crying about FPS then Wink
I got overall between 30 to 60 fps , with 16 gigas ram and 4 gigas ddr5 of graphic card and sometimes its hard to get more then 20 fps , it depends of the map and how much players are on
(May 2, 2016, 09:37 PM)Clementio Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 2, 2016, 03:29 PM)GRiiM Wrote: [ -> ]

You doubt? Your problem Wink

Mhm, yep. Once again you're full of shit, you never fail to surprise.
It's extremely hard to achieve 60fps on the v33x map, its extremely old and unoptimized.

Rockford however, you shouldn't need too much to get 60.
Pages: 1 2