Limelight Forums

Full Version: Shadowplay Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What Is Shadowplay?
Nvidia ShadowPlay is a hardware accelerated screen recording utility for Windows PCs using GeForce GPUs, made by Nvidia Corp as part of its GeForce Experience software. It can be configured to record continuously a time behind, allowing the user to save the video retroactively. ShadowPlay is supported by GTX 650 and higher series desktop graphics cards. Source

Why would this concern me? 
It is a great method to capture game footage at the current time, or of what previously happened. For example somebody goes on an RDMing spree, killing the entire server but you didnt press record in time! Fear not! Shadowplay has you covered with its backtracking record system thingie that allows you to record what had happened previously up to 10 minutes ago! 

This allows you to capture funny moments, evidence for reports and even evidence for any appeals you may have had! 

Okay, so can I use this?
The answer is yes and no. It all depends on your computer. If you have an Nvidia Graphics Card then you are one step closer, anything other than an Nvidia GPU won't work. (Sorry AMD users) 

GPU Series:
GeForce GTX class GPUs
900, 900M, 800M, 700, 700M, 
600, select 600M Series

If you have any cards in that series, you are most likely able to begin. Just install Nvidia Experience and you can begin! 

I hope this guide helped. Let me know if I got anything wrong or you want more detail! 
Useful guide,

Now I will make sure to not break the rules when you are on
(Apr 30, 2016, 02:15 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]Useful guide,

Now I will make sure to not break the rules when you are on

Thanks Smile
Great intiative for thoose who dont know how Smile !

You should make a guide for GIF's on the forum haha Smile (Let the gif wars begin)
(May 24, 2016, 01:52 PM)Tobi4775 Wrote: [ -> ]Great intiative for thoose who dont know how Smile !

You should make a guide for GIF's on the forum haha Smile (Let the gif wars begin)

Somebody should make a play.tv guide, if its not already on the forums!