Limelight Forums

Full Version: FearRP!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Chicken Coup 

Ban ID: [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]2687[/font]

Banned by:  [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][L²] Nacreas[/font]

Server: V33X

Ban Reason: FearRP

Why should you be unbanned?: Because he had his cuffs out so I drove off, then he pulled out the shotgun and shot, (He missed) so I tried to escape, then I'm instantly banned. I don't have any warnings or anything about it, it was just an instant ban without any admin sit or anything. 

Evidence: I was going to supply, but I accidently pressed ALT F9 instead of ALT F10 which removed the part where he banned me
I was not involved in this situation, however to inform the player, when a player takes out their handcuffs when they had a weapon out within punching distance of another, the opposing player is under fearp. This is in place to keep people from running away when the handcuffs come out. This rule is 2.1e under "Basic Roleplay Rules".
(Apr 21, 2016, 09:25 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I was not involved in this situation, however to inform the player, when a player takes out their handcuffs within punching distance of another, the opposing player is under fearp. This is in place to keep people from running away when the handcuffs come out.

And me not knowing that is worthy of a ban? Instead of banning, a warning or something to actually educate me would be nice. I think a ban for running from handcuffs is silly when a warning can be issued that will teach me in the future.

Look at that response, now I actually know for next time I play. Like I said, why ban when you can warn me for such a minute reason?! My records are clean, I don't think a ban instantly is fair when I have pretty much only just started playing last week.
(Apr 21, 2016, 09:27 PM)Chicken Coup Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 21, 2016, 09:25 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I was not involved in this situation, however to inform the player, when a player takes out their handcuffs within punching distance of another, the opposing player is under fearp. This is in place to keep people from running away when the handcuffs come out.

And me not knowing that is worthy of a ban? Instead of banning, a warning or something to actually educate me would be nice. I think a ban for running from handcuffs is silly when a warning can be issued that will teach me in the future.

Look at that response, now I actually know for next time I play. Like I said, why ban when you can warn me for such a minute reason?! My records are clean, I don't think a ban instantly is fair when I have pretty much only just started playing last week.

We don't have a set guidelines for punishment times. It is at the Staff Member's discretion. Now I will go ahead and leave it to the staff member that banned you to finish this off seeing as he was the one giving out the punishment.
(Apr 21, 2016, 09:33 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 21, 2016, 09:27 PM)Coup Wrote: [ -> ]

We don't have a set guidelines for punishment times. It is at the Staff Member's discretion. Now I will go ahead and leave it to the staff member that banned you to finish this off seeing as he was the one giving out the punishment.

Alright, Thanks for educating me Smile
You were in violation of the following rule:

Quote:2.1e If someone switches from a gun to handcuffs/rope in order to detain you, FearRP still applies

The officer had you at gun point and when they went to handcuff you, you ran away and into your car in order to escape. As you can see from the rule above, it is in fact against our rules and therefore a direct violation of FearRP.
(Apr 21, 2016, 09:50 PM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]You were in violation of the following rule:

Quote:2.1e If someone switches from a gun to handcuffs/rope in order to detain you, FearRP still applies

The officer had you at gun point and when they went to handcuff you, you ran away and into your car in order to escape. As you can see from the rule above, it is in fact against our rules and therefore a direct violation of FearRP.

I see. But is that really worth a ban? Why did nothing ensue after to perhaps educate me at the time, instead of having to settle this in a much more difficult way. Its a 24 ban for something I was unsure of. I don't understand how that is worth a ban, yet mass RDMing, prop smashing and more is worth blacklists and warnings?
It is a relatively short ban in comparison to others and a twenty-four hour suspension is standard for this incident. As an active member of our community, I would have expected a better understanding of the rules on your part which is why a suspension was issued.
(Apr 21, 2016, 09:57 PM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]It is a relatively short ban in comparison to others and a twenty-four hour suspension is standard for this given incident. As an active member of our community, I would have expected a better understanding of the rules on your part which is why a suspension was suspended.

I can understand that, but look at this! It's acceptable to allow a player to possibly crash the server, but not acceptable for FearRP from a player that wasn't entirely sure?

It's okay for an inactive member of the community to do it but not me because I'm active?

[attachment=118]
(Apr 21, 2016, 10:01 PM)Chicken Coup Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 21, 2016, 09:57 PM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]It is a relatively short ban in comparison to others and a twenty-four hour suspension is standard for this given incident. As an active member of our community, I would have expected a better understanding of the rules on your part which is why a suspension was suspended.

I can understand that, but look at this! It's acceptable to allow a player to possibly crash the server, but not acceptable for FearRP from a player that wasn't entirely sure?

It's okay for an inactive member of the community to do it but not me because I'm active?

Your activity reflects your experience and your experience reflects your understanding of the rules. Don't compare other cases to your own as the circumstances are completely different and for the record, the player who you listed in your image below also received a twelve month suspension for what they did; this further proves my point about comparing cases.

It's a clearly written rule and it is your responsibility to follow it. Denied.