Limelight Forums

Full Version: Connection issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting weird behaviour while connecting to the server. It takes significantly longer to join any of the LL servers than any other GMod server, and it almost seems like EvoCity radio might be part of that issue.

It kept going "EvoCity radiooooooooooo" and then making some werid beeping sounds, over and over and over. At about 5 minutes of waiting to connect to the server (it was at sending client info but GMod was not frozen like it usually does), I said "fuck this" and started closing awesomium_process's in task manager (it's the web engine in GMod basically) until I stopped hearing it. Right when I closed the awesomium_process I heard the "boop" that you hear when you first join the server and the F1 menu pops up.
I don't exactly see what the problem is here
(Apr 20, 2016, 08:41 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]I don't exactly see what the problem is here

It's taking extremely longer to join the server than other non-LL servers
Hello!

It seems like your computer can't handle the radio turned on while you are joining the server.
I'm not experienced with the radio itself but if it's possible to remove the radio or turn it off at all times this should give you a better connecting experience.

If you Google on "Gmod mute all console command". You should find a command that you can put in the console to disable ALL sounds in the game. Then when you've joined you could turn the sound on again with the same command.

That's my suggestions.

Good luck.
(Apr 20, 2016, 10:22 PM)[L²:RP] Cyron Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

It seems like your computer can't handle the radio turned on while you are joining the server.
I'm not experienced with the radio itself but if it's possible to remove the radio or turn it off at all times this should give you a better connecting experience.

If you Google on "Gmod mute all console command". You should find a command that you can put in the console to disable ALL sounds in the game. Then when you've joined you could turn the sound on again with the same command.

That's my suggestions.

Good luck.

My computer should not be issue, it has way above average specs and works fine with other servers that stream audio.
Console commands likely won't help as Awesomium runs in its own process and muting doesn't necessarily stop streaming anyway.
Should be a way to execute the radio.

Ask Doodleh for example.
The next time you are on the server use the following command: /music off
This will disable the radio/music for the next time you join the server. I hope this helps!
(Apr 21, 2016, 10:50 AM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]The next time you are on the server use the following command: /music off
This will disable the radio/music for the next time you join the server. I hope this helps!

my hero :~)