Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR: Edned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Edned

Ban ID: [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]2058[/font]

Banned by: [L²] Noble

Server: Not Applicable.

Ban Reason: Double Accounting to avoid ban.

Why should you be unbanned?
Good evening,
I have never played LL (Maybe for 5 Minutes), and for some reason I have a Perm ban against my name for Double Accounting. The first thing I did was check my account against my brothers, and obviously there will be an IP Address confliction as we are both on the same LAN.

I don't really know how this happened, as I told Wood that my brother was minging about on the servers back when he was an Admin or whatever (Probably gave the ban about 2 months ago) Wood then banned by brother for the rules be broke accordingly, but my brother does not and never will have access to my account. Oddly, I just received this one. I would be happy to provide more evidence if needed, but I am sure someone has just made a mistake.
Evidence: Put anything here that would support your claims like a video or pictures.
Under review.
Hello,
I understand these take a while to process, however it's almost been a month now and I haven't heard anything more than "Under review."
Any updates would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Edned
Hi Edned,

Apologies for the lack of information being relayed back to you.
Noble has yet to make a full decision yet, however hopefully this can be concluded soon as it's been brought to Super-Scary-SA-Brynn's attention, and I'm sure Noble doesn't want to be stoned to bread via shortbread.

In the mean time, I'll move this to pending so rest assured it's being looked into.

Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for your update, Safira.
No worries, thank you for your time to investigate into the case. I'll be happy to provide more evidence if required.

Kindest Regards,
Edned
Hey sorry for the late response;

We have a deal to propose to you;

1. We will give you the benefit of the doubt, and unban you.
2. However you will be placed on a last chance warning for 2 months.

Do you agree to theses terms?
Good evening Brynn,

Thank you for your reply. However, I have an inquiry concerning the terms you have proposed towards me. I had nothing to do with someones actions on the same registered IP Address as my account, and is a separate deal from my account. I reported unacceptable activity to an active member of the LimeLight staff team, and I let him handle the case. The player then received an appropriate punishment for that.
I must once again, propose that the only reason I have received this ban is due to a mix up and an incorrect assumption by one of your staff members that I was double accounting and the only evidence for this was a mach of an IP Address; in regards to this I do not feel that a "last chance warning" should be established on my account whatsoever.

I must once again thank you for your processing of this appeal.

Kindest Regards,
Edned
Due to the nature of the situation and the evidence we have, we have spoken to several different people, and head different things. Hence, this is the best option.
Hello Brynn,

Could you expand on what you mean by "nature of the situation"? This case is confusing me to a great deal and the rather short and sudden answers do not look appealing in the slightest.
Just for evaluation purposes, lets say that my brother was my "second account". Why would I report to Wood that I was minging on the servers on a second account, and why would I ask for it to be dealt with? To me this boldly doesn't add up and I am fully aware that I have created a rather negative predisposition with some staff members on this community over the years which may explain the "spoken to several different people, and head different things." part of your statement.
I'm asking Wood for a comment from himself, and we will continue from there.

Kindest Regards,
Edned
I'll publicly reply to this so it's understood of the situation.

Edned at the time contacted me saying that his brother, on the account STEAM_0:1:74732767 (DraveN) was on the servers spawning props and throwing them around, and just generally causing havoc. In response to this, I headed onto the server and checked out the situation. I spectated DraveN for a few minutes and watched him throwing props around and killing multiple people. I can indeed confirm Edned contacted me about this, and at the time he was on his own account so I can understand him saying it isn't him as obviously it can't be him if he's on his talking to me, and I'm talking to his brother on another account.

The ban was applied for "Spamming props, propminging, propspam - clearly not here to roleplay" by myself for one year, which has a few months left, all from this incident. I was told by Edned at the time that his brother doesn't really understand CityRP, and just came on because Edned had been playing it.

I believe that's all I can add to the case, but if anyone has a question feel free to hit my Steam up.
I ought to point out as well, Wood just let me know that he posted a workshop submission and called "plains", and not planes.
Why would I be actively posting to the workshop and furthermore incorrectly spelling the submissions? Just thought I would add that to the mix of evidence that I have to support my end of this case.
They can be viewed here if you would wish to view them for yourselves: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656...shopfiles/
From my source of many different people we'd heard two or so different things. For example one we heard that Wood heard nothing about your brother, but Wood was confused about the case. After Wood looked at it in more detail today, he remembered it. With that aside, I will approve this unban request on the grounds that you did in-fact inform the banning administrator of your brother. Sorry for the delay and miss confusion.

Forget the last deal I made, it was made due to the evidence and information I had received being wrong, which is no ones fault. 

Approved.

[L²] Brynn
Supervising Administrator