Limelight Forums

Full Version: So You Want To Be A Staff Member? - Promotion Procedures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So You Want To Be A Staff Member?

This thread will serve to give you an in-depth view into the procedures taken before a player gets promoted, as we feel that it's not something which needs to be hidden away.

Limelight is a part of a small number of communities who don't choose staff based on applications.

We believe that applications will not accurately show who a player really is; anybody can make themselves look good in writing. 

So then what?

If a staff member feels a player has potential, a suggestion thread is made in the Admin Forum. At this stage, we keep 'tabs' on the player: this means we will watch the player and see how they really act - maybe they act differently in front of admins.

After 'tabs', we discuss the promotion, and finally end on a democratic vote; the player will either be rejected or promoted to the position of Moderator.

What happens in the Moderator Stage?

The Moderator (Or 'Mod') stage is actually split into two stages: Mod Stage 1 and Mod Stage 2. 

During Stage 1, Moderators are given limited powers and access. They need to show they can be trusted with administrative duties, and the team discuss their attitude, behaviour, and performance.
In Stage 2, Mods are given more access and longer ban/blacklist times. We give them an informal evaluation so that they can work to improve on any uncertainties; it is here that they can show that they are definitely right for the job, and a final vote is made.

It is important to remember that the Moderator Rank is not a definite ticket to Admin.

But how do I get suggested?

There is no 100% guarantee that you will be promoted to Admin during your time at Limelight.

The points listed here may help you get noticed, but at the end of the day it's all about what you are like.

Don't ask
for Admin
We want all our members to be here because they love roleplay: if you ask for Admin, we know your real intention. You won't of course be instantly exiled if you mention a hope of being promoted, just let things flow naturally.

Be a rolemodel
A player who helps new players, is friendly over OOC chat and does not encourage rule-breaking molds well into a Staff position.

Do not break the rules
Somebody who breaks the rules cannot be trusted in enforcing them.

Roleplay well and consistently
Limelight is a roleplay community. Players should set an example of roleplay, not sit in a room and contrafarm.

Have a good knowledge of the rules
Good knowledge of rules means a player will not break them, or condone another player breaking them.

Be active on the servers
Your activity reflects your devotion to Limelight.

Contribute to Limelight
Whether you make guides, events, models, or just reply to a lot of threads, contributing to Limelight will help make you become a well known member of our community.

Take care of your profiles
They represent who you are on the internet so take pride in them.
Useful post, I can refer players who ask to this now.
Very Informative, thank you Safira.
Very nice post. Gives everyone an idea of how things work. This I feel was sorely needed. Thanks for putting it in here.
sweet i always wanted admin
clickbait,

OT: I am scared about the "tabs".
(Apr 16, 2016, 08:05 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]clickbait,

We do it with teachers too, just a private little place for us to talk shit about you.  Tongue

No but really, it's a place for people to share their opinion in private without the person they are discussing being offended.

[TABS] Project

Ban the fucker.

-Brax

Smile

It's not as scary as you would think, it's more discussion about the candidate, people maybe mention personal experiences etc.
(Apr 17, 2016, 01:13 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not as scary as you would think, it's more discussion about the candidate, people maybe mention personal experiences etc.

I was slightly joking about. I understand what its all about and how it works.
(Apr 16, 2016, 12:51 PM)Safira Wrote: [ -> ]Roleplay well and consistently
Limelight is a roleplay community. Players should set an example of roleplay, not sit in a room and contrafarm.

Be active on the servers
Your activity reflects your devotion to Limelight.

Well that's me fucked

banter
I wanted to post a thread called "Why is it so difficult to ask you out Safira" which was gonna be on why it was such a double standard on becoming apart of the staff. Good thread, post, thing.
I don't know if you've changed it, but an admin (don't remember whom) told me that if you're not automatically disqualified if you have previous ban/blacklists.

He said that it depended on how recent it was and what type of ban it was, and that several admins has been done some shit pre-admin-status.

Might want to add that in your post, as many people might wonder about this?
(Apr 25, 2016, 02:00 PM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if you've changed it, but an admin (don't remember whom) told me that if you're not automatically disqualified if you have previous ban/blacklists.

He said that it depended on how recent it was and what type of ban it was, and that several admins has been done some shit pre-admin-status.

Everyone is a bit of a minge deep inside, admins aren't an exception :3
(Apr 25, 2016, 02:10 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 25, 2016, 02:00 PM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if you've changed it, but an admin (don't remember whom) told me that if you're not automatically disqualified if you have previous ban/blacklists.

Everyone is a bit of a minge deep inside, admins aren't an exception :3

You're crazy! You'd never see us breaking the server rules Wink
Pages: 1 2 3