Limelight Forums

Full Version: Norwegian chruch allows gay marrige while priests are protesting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So earlier this week the chruch in Norway allowed gay marrige. However, Priest from around my area are now quitting their jobs and protesting about it, 

How does LL feel about gay marrige? Personally im all for it, and it sickens me to see priests doing this.

And i'm gonna say it even though it goes without saying. Keep it civil and don't start a flamewar. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion.

Discuss.
I'm all for it. Human is human so what.

(Apr 13, 2016, 03:05 PM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]Priest from around my area are now quitting their jobs and protesting about it,

Great! They can go and f* themselves. The more quit, the less homophobics.
(Apr 13, 2016, 03:17 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 13, 2016, 03:05 PM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]Priest from around my area are now quitting their jobs and protesting about it,

Great! They can go and f* themselves. The more quit, the less homophobics.

Best...quote...EEVVVVVERRRR
Surely there are more important matters that priests should care about than gay marriage. It's clear that it's here to stay, and what right do they have to say that love between the same sex is wrong?

Meh, they should protest about priests having sex with small kids, not same-sex marriage.
It brings up a quote that i cant remember who it was from but its something along the lines of:

"If you truly believe in a god of some kind, why should you care about what people do on earth? Don't you have faith that your god will eventually sort them out later and reward you for said faith?"

Kinda reminds me of that US Clerk who started to refuse marriage licences to everyone after the US legalized Marriage
Personally I think everyone should be able to get married, I really don't see what the fuck is the difference, apart from the obvious.

Where I live, Northern Ireland, gay marriage has been blocked twice in the past two/three? Years by a part called the DUP. This DUP party is a "Strong christian protestant" party. They have promised to block gay marriage for the next however many years they have too, they also have the power to block gay marriage and any other laws wanting to be passed in NI only due to some stupid guideline shit that allows main parties to block laws or proposed laws. I really believe gay marriage should be allowed, the reason it's blocked is due to their Strong christian views, which they like to press onto the rest of our "Oh so christian" country.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is, for some fucking stupid reason gay marriage is blocked in Northern Ireland, when it really shouldn't be and the only reason it is blocked is because around 5 people don't like it... and I'd love for someone to explain to me the difference between a man and a woman getting married and two men or two women, without using the bible in their answer.
I'm all for gay marriage, but then again this church is (presumably) Christian. The religion of Christianity follows the scriptures of the bible, which states that gay marriage and being gay in general is against their faith (Not that this is at all correct) so I can understand why they feel intruded upon by this 'blasphemy' is forcing its way into their sacred church grounds.

Then again, the bible that they follow also says it's okay to cut off the hand of your wife
and also that it's okay to own slaves
June 26, 2015

"The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 on Friday that it is legal for all Americans, no matter their gender or sexual orientation, to marry the people they love."

The decision to legalize marriage across all 50 states is one which I strongly agree with. Though I hold strong opinions in matters, I firmly believe in an individual's rights; and being able to marry someone you love is a right for us as individuals.
Personally, I couldn't give a flying f*ck who gets married and who doesn't. It's none of my business

But on the other hand, you really have to see where these priests are coming from. Their whole lives/career are based around a religion which is against same-sex marriage and then they are expected to be completely fine with it when people do otherwise. It's not anything new, most people are open and will defend their beliefs
I got no probs with gay people. Love who you want.
I support all this.

I love the argument that it's unnatrual too.
Have you ever seen animals gather all their animal friends and wear a wedding dress and get married?
I haven't. 

Who gives a f**k who you marry? I certainly don't.
(Apr 14, 2016, 07:01 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]I support all this.

I love the argument that it's unnatrual too.
Have you ever seen animals gather all their animal friends and wear a wedding dress and get married?
I haven't. 

Who gives a f**k who you marry? I certainly don't.
ahem.

doesn't want to embed an image, so just do a simple google search for "Animal weddings" and see yourself proven wrong.
Dont see why not really if they dont want to do it because of theyr ''beliving'' n such well thats up to them and yeaaah
As i say here There is always a job spot in NLM (a company that runs private christian shcools etch AND is against gay marrige)

Hey ho I honestly dont give a flying fuck abaout it.
Marry who you want, if you want to get married.
Everybody should have this choice, and it's something I'm glad the UK legalised long ago. 

Just remembe though that all it is is a piece of paper.
You can love each other, have kids/adopt together, live together, and grow old together without ever needing to be married.

Marriage is just an official tie between you two to show commitment, because it's a lot harder to get a divorce than to text them like 'we thru bye'. If you truly love someone, you'll see it through anyways.