Limelight Forums

Full Version: How to Upload Steam Game Demos to Youtube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

And now...
How to upload Steam Game Demos to Youtube

With Sours

Recently, A lot fo players have been uploading things towards the server that tries to support their player reports. With this, I am talking about Demos. They are coded in a format that only the Steam Demo Player is able to record and due to the non-existant Terms of Service that the LimeLight Staff currently have, they will reframe from downloading/subscribing to content that is not technically supported or part of the LimeLight Suggested ( This meaning for Computer Security Reasons)

Demos are pretty hard to exchange but there is one way. I am uncertain to how long it takes or is required for you to be able to transfer it to a format suitable to YouTube or such. Steam game demos are recorded in .dem format. To get them in youtube format, open console and type demoui. Then load your demo. Go and open up a video capture program like fraps then record the playback of the demo. Compress that then upload to youtube.

That is literally the only way you'd be able to upload the demo. If you don't want to pay £20 or so on Fraps, I recommend Bandicam. You get a shitty little Bandicam advert on the screen, but it's not big, still allows you to view the video in place and you are able to upload it correctly and easily for a maximum of 10 minutes.

[Image: video-repair-tools.png]
OBS is another lightweight screen recorder.
https://obsproject.com/
(Apr 11, 2016, 05:23 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]OBS is another lightweight screen recorder.
https://obsproject.com/

Aye, OBS allows for a shit ton more to be done and not only can you record gameplay but have an overlay etc.

It's what I use! Big Grin
I use OBS, and delete old recordings after 30 mins of gameplay due to a near full hard-drive
Just type in free full craps fraps they get one registered to like John cena or something
Sours Guide to Recording your BR's

USE BANDICAM
Congrats on your br video

Simplified it for you
(Apr 12, 2016, 01:20 AM)Dryblood Wrote: [ -> ]
Sours Guide to Recording your BR's

USE BANDICAM
Congrats on your br video

Simplified it for you

Cheeky.
Got lost at Recently....

(Apr 12, 2016, 01:20 AM)Dryblood Wrote: [ -> ]