Limelight Forums

Full Version: Report on [CRG] Purply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: [CRG] Purply

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:47537763

Server: V33X

Time: 20:25-20:40?

Summary: I went into the warehouse outside the city as Torgrim stole an SUV and parked it outside. A bunch of cops came and I was cuffed and searched. Later on they saw that Torgrim stole the car, and Steelixian let me go. I am about to leave the wearhouse as Purply tazes me, then wakes me up straight away, warrants me and I get 8(Supposedly 15) minutes in jail.

I look at this as random arrest, as I was let go by Steelixian, and failed use of tazer as I did comply and were about to leave.

Evidence:

Steelixians recording: https://plays.tv/video/570165157f9b50661...o-evidence-

My point of view: https://youtu.be/tEe7hiWbo6M
Not to mention he used /backup and called every unit in for this. xD

But yeah it wasn't right. Abuse of his power and tools. Fail RP as its best.
From my point of view, at no point was this random arrest or abuse of the accused's powers. He gave a in character reason to arrest the player. Guilty or not, this is a valid arrest. This was not random as he had a reason and I see no rule breakage from this.
What is a valid reason? He never saw me in the car, he arrived 2 minutes after I even entered, he couldn't know that I had anything to do with the car theft, and I was let go by another officer.

I wasn't even asked one single question of any officer about what happened or what I was doing there. For all the police knows, I was a guy who just walked past, and they didn't know shit, 'cuz they didn't ask. They arrested Torgrim for it.

No offence, but I have difficult of seeing how this is okay.

EDIT: Are you saying that when I am let go, starts walking, then getting tazed without no-one saying "stop" to give me a chance to stop, then just "woken up" again isn't faulty use of a tazer? I wasn't even running. If he'd say "Stop." it would've been another story, but he tazed me without giving any signal of trying to stop me.
(Apr 3, 2016, 10:09 PM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]What is a valid reason? He never saw me in the car, he arrived 2 minutes after I even entered, he couldn't know that I had anything to do with the car theft, and I was let go by another officer.

I wasn't even asked one single question of any officer about what happened or what I was doing there. For all the police knows, I was a guy who just walked past, and they didn't know shit, 'cuz they didn't ask. They arrested Torgrim for it.

EDIT: Are you saying that when I am let go, starts walking, then getting tazed without no-one saying "stop" to give me a chance to stop, then just "woken up" again isn't faulty use of a tazer? I wasn't even running. If he'd say "Stop." it would've been another story, but he tazed me without giving any signal of trying to stop me.

Venom made a request saying a black Land Rover was just nicked, I then saw this and tried to stop you, I managed to get a glimpse of your faces, now you claim "I showed up two minutes later" I showed up just as you both entered the warehouse.
(Apr 3, 2016, 10:09 PM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]What is a valid reason? He never saw me in the car, he arrived 2 minutes after I even entered, he couldn't know that I had anything to do with the car theft, and I was let go by another officer.

He has an in character reason to arrest you. Guilty or NOT it is a valid arrest. Deal with it in character. 

If a player feels it is necessary to use a taser to stop you, they may without verbally warning you. As long as they are not continuously using the taser on you in succession, it's allowed.
(Apr 3, 2016, 11:01 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]

Venom made a request saying a black Land Rover was just nicked, I then saw this and tried to stop you, I managed to get a glimpse of your faces, now you claim "I showed up two minutes later" I showed up just as you both entered the warehouse.

I wonder how you could enter just as I entered, as I could walk around in the warehouse looking at Torgrim trying to hide several places before any cop entered. But that doesn't matter, I was released by another cop because you found your carthief and I still got tazed and arrested for 15 (8 since I was donator?) minutes, that's where I want the focus.

Maybe the core of the problem lies within the "Arrests must be done ICly". I wonder if they would react if someone tazed 20 people and warranted them for made-up shit in a minute, but that's a digression.

Anyhow, I still disagree, if not just the case then also how it would be handled if the conclusion is "Take it ICly".

But hey, no hard feelings, do what you think is right administrators, atleast we've discussed this. Smile
(Apr 4, 2016, 11:43 AM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]

I wonder how you could enter just as I entered, as I could walk around in the warehouse looking at Torgrim trying to hide several places before any cop entered. But that doesn't matter, I was released by another cop because you found your carthief and I still got tazed and arrested for 15 (8 since I was donator?) minutes, that's where I want the focus.

Maybe the core of the problem lies within the "Arrests must be done ICly". I wonder if they would react if someone tazed 20 people and warranted them for made-up shit in a minute, but that's a digression.

Anyhow, I still disagree, if not just the case then also how it would be handled if the conclusion is "Take it ICly".

But hey, no hard feelings, do what you think is right administrators, atleast we've discussed this. Smile

There is a difference between an invalid arrest and a minge going on a spree.
(Apr 4, 2016, 09:14 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 4, 2016, 11:43 AM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]

There is a difference between an invalid arrest and a minge going on a spree.

Definately, I would've loved to discuss this further, but I just want to see where this case goes. I already have another thread about how we can improve the way we deal with false-arrests and so on. The case is that I look at this as rather serious, that is why I am reporting it.

Again, I do see that maybe the admins share Soviet's viewpoint and close this off, but atleast I tried. Rolleyes
Denied.

Things such as this should be dealt with In character. Even though the SWAT agent let you leave, you were still arrested. You should of dealt with that ICly.