Limelight Forums

Full Version: Cops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright I am here to discuss police random arresting and random warranting. I have heard from a admin random arrest isnt a thing on LimeLight so I would like to bring forward this idea. I have been random arrested so many times for no reason. For example, a cop crashed in to me and i got healed and he proceeded to arrest me when he crashed into me. Doesnt seem fair does it? I would like to bring this idea to the table as it is very bad for police to just be able to random arrest with no consequences.
Now I happened to be that cop that arrested you.
Yes, you would be correct in saying you were "Random Arrested" but my character happened to be corrupt, and would rather lie than risk getting sacked even if this meant you got jail time. Now the fact you didn't even get arrested, but you got banned for D/C to avoid arrest gives you no right to complain about being "Random Arrested" no matter how frustrating it can be.

Arrests, fair or not, should ALWAYS been dealt with via the President, Vice President or respectable Sergeant. In addition to this staff intervention is very rare and only occurs on a mass spree of RDA when the person is clearly a minge.
So now we can have cops going around and arresting people for 15 min for just bumping the others car? I feel like random arrest is FailRP and you should get banned for it but admins think otherwise. Cops can just take advantage of it and go and arrest a guy for just tapping their car for "Drunk Driving, Hitting car" which the president will believe was a full on crash but in reality you just tapped their car.
Our view on arrests stands as follows:

Arrests occur for in-game actions, no matter whether it was 'criminal' or not. Unless they're breaking a rule when they arrest you (NLR, FearRP, Backseat Administration), then their reason is in-character and hence should be dealt with in-character.
Just like in real life, it is up to the jurisdiction of the police officer as to what they do - and sometimes it isn't fair.

We've probably all had instances in our childhood where we've been told off by the teacher for something we didn't do, or singled out when a whole group was doing the same thing - being arrested is just like that.
And so at these times, you have to handle it in-character. You go to their superiors and make a complaint, or devise a plan to get them fired.

In fact, it opens up a whole realm of roleplay,. Sergeant Stickuptheass is patrolling? You better not do anything which could anger him... all the gossip starts and someone whispers"I heard he gave a guy 10 years for throwing his cigarette butt on the floor."

Hope this clears things up a bit.
Mrs. Admin I see where you are coming from but at this point its just being abused. Donators are using it as a loophole to fine you alot of money and to arrest you for the fun of it. I think this is abusing the rule system and the police slot. #LimeLightPlsFix
(Mar 29, 2016, 06:04 AM)thefaketaco Wrote: [ -> ]Mr. Admin I see where you are coming from but at this point its just being abused. Donators are using it as a loophole to fine you alot of money and to arrest you for the fun of it. I think this is abusing the rule system and the police slot. #LimeLightPlsFix

You realize Safira is a girl.. not a "Mr."